The Student Room Group

AQA HIstory Option 2R -Cold War 25th May

Hey

How did everyone find the exam? I thought it was very hard and the questions were way too specfific, like with the Korea one could've asked about Asia and with Khrushchev would've been alot more to talk about if it didn't have Europe, i really struggled to come up with points to show how Khrushchev did try and actually keep the peace in europe.

The source question was relatively easy

did anyone else find it really hard?
Reply 1
Original post by tterb
Hey

How did everyone find the exam? I thought it was very hard and the questions were way too specfific, like with the Korea one could've asked about Asia and with Khrushchev would've been alot more to talk about if it didn't have Europe, i really struggled to come up with points to show how Khrushchev did try and actually keep the peace in europe.

The source question was relatively easy

did anyone else find it really hard?

the source question was pretty straight forward

i did the khrushchev one and i said
he did cuz of attempt of peaceful coexistence by geneva summit and austria peace treaty
the arms race , i did for and against cuz of M.A.D
i said no because of the berlin crisis 1958
but yes for berlin wall cuz it solved tensions but for a counter argument i talked about checkpoint charlie
then i said it was actually america's policy which ensured no confrontation as they did not get involved in the hungarian uprising

i dont know if these are very good points! but i know a lot of people who found it hard and i go to a smart sixth form so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low

what points did you put for the khrushchev one?
Reply 2
Original post by 15076848
the source question was pretty straight forward

i did the Khrushchev one and i said
he did cuz of attempt of peaceful coexistence by geneva summit and austria peace treaty
the arms race , i did for and against cuz of M.A.D
i said no because of the berlin crisis 1958
but yes for berlin wall cuz it solved tensions but for a counter argument i talked about checkpoint charlie
then i said it was actually america's policy which ensured no confrontation as they did not get involved in the hungarian uprising, used that as my main point in the conclusion
Obviously Berlin haha just talked about the wall and how Khrushchev issued a warning for America to get out and then withdrawed it and gave them another one then talked about how america was supposed to be there agreement etc

i dont know if these are very good points! but i know a lot of people who found it hard and i go to a smart sixth form so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low

what points did you put for the khrushchev one?

wow man completely forgot about Austrian Peace Treaty,

I wrote about Hungarian and Polish uprising and how the soviets just shut them down

Berlin.. loads to talk about aha talked about the 'geneva spirit' and about open skies and open borders but nothing was agreed upon because of Khrushchev reissuing the warning

Then talked about soviet expansionism in Europe because literally mind just shut off?? just blagged it all with WARSAW pact etc lol

Talked about the us and how they were provoking soviets by saying stuff like 'wall of shame' where as soviets saw it as an 'anti-fact protective barrier' and then just said about the placement of Missiles in turkey which i think i'll get away with depends on the examiner but just went completely blank

Really wish i remembered the austrian state treaty but your points seem really good, i just struggled to think of a good 4/5 strong points, if it didn't have the 'europe' there would've been easy with bay of pigs in 61 lol... nasty aqa for the first year anyway lol
Reply 3
Original post by tterb
wow man completely forgot about Austrian Peace Treaty,

I wrote about Hungarian and Polish uprising and how the soviets just shut them down

Berlin.. loads to talk about aha talked about the 'geneva spirit' and about open skies and open borders but nothing was agreed upon because of Khrushchev reissuing the warning

Then talked about soviet expansionism in Europe because literally mind just shut off?? just blagged it all with WARSAW pact etc lol

Talked about the us and how they were provoking soviets by saying stuff like 'wall of shame' where as soviets saw it as an 'anti-fact protective barrier' and then just said about the placement of Missiles in turkey which i think i'll get away with depends on the examiner but just went completely blank

Really wish i remembered the austrian state treaty but your points seem really good, i just struggled to think of a good 4/5 strong points, if it didn't have the 'europe' there would've been easy with bay of pigs in 61 lol... nasty aqa for the first year anyway lol

Your points seem really good! Yeah I know a lot of people who found it really hard which hopefully means the grade boundaries are low!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending