The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Maths

Hi, I got an offer for computer science at queen marry and was wondering if I'll be able to change to maths instead? My personal statement is partly based on computer science however there is some maths in it too.
Original post by imran_
Hi, I got an offer for computer science at queen marry and was wondering if I'll be able to change to maths instead? My personal statement is partly based on computer science however there is some maths in it too.

Hello! I would recommend contacting our admissions team. You can call them +44 (0)20 7882 5511 or email them [email protected] :smile: Hope this helps! -Sarah
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Queen Mary University of London
Hello! I would recommend contacting our admissions team. You can call them +44 (0)20 7882 5511 or email them [email protected] :smile: Hope this helps! -Sarah

thank you :biggrin:, if I miss my grades by 1 will I get rejected?
Original post by imran_

It depends on a number of factors, and seeing as you want to swap courses, this could make it more complicated. It all depends on how many people apply to the course, how you come across in your personal statement/interview. Personally, I didn't quite get the grades I needed, but I still got in! It all depends though. -Sarah
Reply 4
It depends on a number of factors, and seeing as you want to swap courses, this could make it more complicated. It all depends on how many people apply to the course, how you come across in your personal statement/interview. Personally, I didn't quite get the grades I needed, but I still got in! It all depends though. -Sarah

thank you, also what if I get ABB, with an A in maths but the entry requirements for maths is AAB, can I still change course or will I need to resit any of my exams??
Original post by imran_
thank you, also what if I get ABB, with an A in maths but the entry requirements for maths is AAB, can I still change course or will I need to resit any of my exams??

It depends on whether admissions say you can change courses. You could still get in, but you don't know your results yet, so don't give up hope! My best advice would be to give admissions a ring as soon as possible (I don't think they're open today because it's bank holiday) and they will be able to offer you advice/tell you the right people to speak to! :smile:
Reply 6
It depends on whether admissions say you can change courses. You could still get in, but you don't know your results yet, so don't give up hope! My best advice would be to give admissions a ring as soon as possible (I don't think they're open today because it's bank holiday) and they will be able to offer you advice/tell you the right people to speak to! :smile:

oh okay, thank you! I've emailed them
Original post by imran_
oh okay, thank you! I've emailed them

Good luck! :h:
Reply 8
Original post by imran_

No you wont, this is QM not UCL lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending