The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

May 10th - Accommodation applications open today!

**ACCOMMODATION APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED**

Hey guys!

If you have a conditional/unconditional offer from Goldsmiths that you've firmly accepted, you'll be able to apply for Goldsmiths Accommodation from 12pm on Tuesday, May 10th.

If the above applies to you, you should have received/soon receive an email with instructions on how to apply, though you can check all the details here: http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/. This page includes info on the deadlines, so be sure you get your application in on time. It's recommended that you submit your application as early as possible, as we do receive more applications than we have places available.

If you've chosen Goldsmiths as your insurance choice you will be able to apply once your offer turns unconditional and you have firmly accepted your academic place.

Continuing students can also apply from the time and date above.

Oh, and congratulations on your offers! We look forward to seeing you soon!!

If you have any questions you're welcome to post here, or contact [email protected]

All the best,

Shaun
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi Shaun

I'm having problems with the site at the moment, as are a few others- the page is taking a long time to load, then fails to open. do you know how long this will take to clear?

thanks, Anna
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by a_cmm
Hi Shaun

I'm having problems with the site at the moment, as are a few others- the page is taking a long time to load, then fails to open. do you know how long this will take to clear?

thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

We're really sorry about the site, we're working on it and hope it will be back up soon. Thanks for your patience.

Shaun
Hi Shaun,
Is there a problem with registering too because it doesn't seem to let me register. It ha asked me for a pin but none of my emails have given me one? Where can I find this?
Thank you, Sophie
Original post by SophieKHR.
Hi Shaun,
Is there a problem with registering too because it doesn't seem to let me register. It ha asked me for a pin but none of my emails have given me one? Where can I find this?
Thank you, Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Apologies for this. If you PM me your full name and the course you are studying I'll be able to send this through for you.

Cheers,
Shaun
Reply 5
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi Anna,

We're really sorry about the site, we're working on it and hope it will be back up soon. Thanks for your patience.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I too am having problems with registering. Do you have a link to the right page or information on where I can register?

Thanks,

Katie
Original post by Kt.96
Hi Shaun,

I too am having problems with registering. Do you have a link to the right page or information on where I can register?

Thanks,

Katie

Hi guys,

The issue has now been resolved, and you should now be able to apply here: http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/. We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused! Thanks for your patience.

All the best,
Shaun
Reply 7
Hi,
I sent my application earlier and I was just wondering will we only find out where we're allocated once we've got our results?
I'm just quite keen to find out where I'll be out of the 20 different rooms I was asked to apply for.
Also, is it first come, first served? Will I have a greater chance of getting the room I want (or getting a room at all) because I submitted my application early?

Cheers,
Judah
Original post by JudahS
Hi,
I sent my application earlier and I was just wondering will we only find out where we're allocated once we've got our results?
I'm just quite keen to find out where I'll be out of the 20 different rooms I was asked to apply for.
Also, is it first come, first served? Will I have a greater chance of getting the room I want (or getting a room at all) because I submitted my application early?

Cheers,
Judah

Hi Judah,

Thanks for your message.

Applications are ordered by date received (among other factors), so applying for accommodation as early as possible will give you the best chance of being allocated a place.

I recommend taking a look at this page on our website, it answers questions regarding the allocation process and when applicants will start getting notified: http://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/

If you have any additional questions not covered on the link above, it's best to get in touch with our accommodation team via [email protected]

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Shaun
Reply 9
Hi Shaun,

I'm currently trying to access the site to create an application, however it seems that I cannot register. The page keeps reloading, saying that both my student ID and DOB are incorrect, even though they are! Can this be resolved?

Thanks,

Ciara
Original post by Cee_P
Hi Shaun,

I'm currently trying to access the site to create an application, however it seems that I cannot register. The page keeps reloading, saying that both my student ID and DOB are incorrect, even though they are! Can this be resolved?

Thanks,

Ciara

Hi Ciara,

Thanks for your message. Apologies that you've been experiencing issues registering. I can confirm that the application website isn't currently experiencing technical issues as far as we know. Have you fully confirmed your offer? Once you've confirmed your offer it may take up to 24 hours for this to be completely processed within our application system.

If you are still experiencing difficulties registering, please contact [email protected] for further guidance.

Hope this helps!
Shaun
Reply 11
Hi Shaun,

Any idea how long it will take before they give us news about our accommodation. I applied on may 11th and got confirmation, just waiting on allocation now. Any rough ETA would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by LVRG
Hi Shaun,

Any idea how long it will take before they give us news about our accommodation. I applied on may 11th and got confirmation, just waiting on allocation now. Any rough ETA would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi LVRG,

Thanks for your message. Those with firm unconditional offers will be contacted around mid-July in regards to their accommodation allocation. Then there'll be a second round of allocations in mid-August.

I hope this helps! If you have any further queries you're welcome to get in touch with our Accommodation team via [email protected]

All the best,
Shaun
Hi Shaun,

Do applicants who are already living in London get put on the waiting list for halls automatically?
If so, when are applicants on the waiting list told whether or not they've been allocated halls??

Thanks !
Original post by flora107
Hi Shaun,

Do applicants who are already living in London get put on the waiting list for halls automatically?
If so, when are applicants on the waiting list told whether or not they've been allocated halls??

Thanks !

Hi flora107,

Thanks for your message.

First priority is given to applicants who live outside the M25, though London applicants will still be considered. Note that London applicants may not be allocated until September. If you have any further queries you are welcome to get in touch with our dedicated Accommodation team via [email protected]

All the best,
Shaun
Original post by Vici91
Hello,

I have already written to Accommodation Office but I thought I would write it here too. Maybe I will get a quicker response.

On 09.06 (Thursday) I received an email saying that I was offered a place at Goldsmiths. Till that day, on my application account there was no information such as conditional/unconditional next to the 'Entry Decision'. Even after that email, the status did not show up. I guess it has only just changed within last two days. I have found it out today and have confirmed the offer. Just now, I have tried to log into accommodation website but it does not work and seems to be broken. What should I do in this situation? The deadline for accommodation is today.

Many thanks for any help,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

I recommend calling the Accommodation directly to address this, please call them as soon as you can via +44 (0)20 7919 7192/7130

Let me know how you get on.

Shaun
Reply 16
Lovely, thanks!

What happens if I find the halls they place me unsuitable? Is there a differal/ refusal option? I was looking at private accommodation but have already applied for halls. I'm only asking as I'm a mature student living in London and waiting till September only to realise that the allocated halls aren't suitable for me will be a massive headache.
Original post by LVRG
Lovely, thanks!

What happens if I find the halls they place me unsuitable? Is there a differal/ refusal option? I was looking at private accommodation but have already applied for halls. I'm only asking as I'm a mature student living in London and waiting till September only to realise that the allocated halls aren't suitable for me will be a massive headache.

Hi LVRG,

Thanks for your message. I would double check this with our Accommodation department - you can reach them via [email protected] or contact +44 (0)20 7919 7192/7130

All the best,
Shaun
Hi Shaun,

Do you have any idea when we are likely to find out if we've been accepted into halls?

Cheers
Original post by emily_omelette
Hi Shaun,

Do you have any idea when we are likely to find out if we've been accepted into halls?

Cheers

Hi emily_omelette,

Thanks for your message. Those with firm unconditional offers will be contacted around mid-July in regards to their accommodation allocation. Then there'll be a second round of allocations in mid-August. If you have any further queries I recommend getting in touch with our Accommodation department directly via [email protected]

All the best,
Shaun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending