The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 2C Resit 25th May 2016. (Experience of Warfare)

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, you know how the question from another topic was if women achieved vote in 1928 due to contributing to the First World War. I didn't know how to answer the Boer or the Somme and then I answered the question from the other topic. Do you think I will get any marks? I also answered the 20 marks from our section, on the Crimean War. Pleasee helpppp!!!! :'(((((
Original post by nardam
I did, I found it quite good. There was a lot to say and I could evaluate the sources well, bringing in my own knowledge. How did you find it?

Yeah, I found it alright, I was sure it was going to come up, it being the centenary of the Somme this year! What conclusion did you come to? That the Somme was a contributing factor to German defeat or not?
Reply 22
Original post by Libbyisconfused
Yeah, I found it alright, I was sure it was going to come up, it being the centenary of the Somme this year! What conclusion did you come to? That the Somme was a contributing factor to German defeat or not?

I stated that it was a contribution but it wasn't a significant contribution as the ultimate factor was that it was the combination of many battles and the overall care of the soldiers that led to the German's defeat. I also mentioned that the battle was a contribution to the war of attrition that ultimately caused the German's inevitable loss. What did you conclude?
Original post by nardam
I stated that it was a contribution but it wasn't a significant contribution as the ultimate factor was that it was the combination of many battles and the overall care of the soldiers that led to the German's defeat. I also mentioned that the battle was a contribution to the war of attrition that ultimately caused the German's inevitable loss. What did you conclude?

I was worried about how much we should mention further battles and strategies as the topic was 'the British experience of warfare'- I concluded that it was significant as it helped war strategy improve due to failed us of tanks and shells so in the Amiens, for example, the British were more successful. I also added that it increased morale by creating a superiority complex over the enemy, portraying the Germans as weak. I hope I've done enough, I got a D last year and really just want to pull my grade to a C so in my a2 year I can get a B overall. I really do find the a2 year easier!!
Reply 24
Original post by Libbyisconfused
I was worried about how much we should mention further battles and strategies as the topic was 'the British experience of warfare'- I concluded that it was significant as it helped war strategy improve due to failed us of tanks and shells so in the Amiens, for example, the British were more successful. I also added that it increased morale by creating a superiority complex over the enemy, portraying the Germans as weak. I hope I've done enough, I got a D last year and really just want to pull my grade to a C so in my a2 year I can get a B overall. I really do find the a2 year easier!!

I just commented on the impacts of the other battles; Battle of Arras etc. That seems like a sound conclusion. This is my first time taking this paper as I seriously messed up the one I did last year; I got a D but 99 ums in unit one. So I've been taught this topic from Jan, hopefully I have secured an A.
Original post by nardam
I just commented on the impacts of the other battles; Battle of Arras etc. That seems like a sound conclusion. This is my first time taking this paper as I seriously messed up the one I did last year; I got a D but 99 ums in unit one. So I've been taught this topic from Jan, hopefully I have secured an A.

I hope it all goes well for you :-)
Original post by diamondloverr
Hey guys, you know how the question from another topic was if women achieved vote in 1928 due to contributing to the First World War. I didn't know how to answer the Boer or the Somme and then I answered the question from the other topic. Do you think I will get any marks? I also answered the 20 marks from our section, on the Crimean War. Pleasee helpppp!!!! :'(((((

Sorry to tell you this mate but you are screwed :/ you aren't able to mix and match
Reply 27
Original post by Maystroo
hey guys, I'm resitting too, sucks :/ anyway just thought I'd let you know that my prediction is the home front for the 40 marker as last year it was the tactics and warfare. Also Crimean? Maybe on how the war was reported, that hasn't come up in a while. Boer is unlikely because it came up last year for the 40 marker, so maybe it will be the 20 mark question. Hope this helps, we'll just have to wait and see, it's tomorrow er mer gerd freaking out. Peace out guys xoxo

nice prediction m8
Original post by dawesli
nice prediction m8

Yeah, that was so accurate.

Quick Reply

Latest