The Student Room Group

AQA A2 CHEM transition metals and reaction of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution

I am STRUGGLING to learn all the equations needed for those two chapters, does anyone have an easy way of learning the equations or a pattern or anything to help me please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
I am STRUGGLING to learn all the equations needed for those two chapters, does anyone have an easy way of learning the equations or a pattern or anything to help me please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just have to force them in ur head. The transition metals should'nt be too hard you know. Most of the products are very similar. Here's a table that I use if that helps.

Reply 2
Hi, I have attached my notes for this topic and some mind maps that i created. Hope they help. I also have some flash cards that I printed out double sided and laminated which have the formula and name on one side and then the colour on the other side. Let me know if you would like them too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SirRaza97
You just have to force them in ur head. The transition metals should'nt be too hard you know. Most of the products are very similar. Here's a table that I use if that helps.

Thank you so much, as I haven't done the chapter yet, do the colours shaded in correspond to the actual colours formed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
Thank you so much, as I haven't done the chapter yet, do the colours shaded in correspond to the actual colours formed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they do. I havent filled in the Aluminium one though because it's mostly whit or colourless and I cant really colour that in xD

Quick Reply

Latest