The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Non Calculator Paper 26th May 2016

Hey
Is everyone ready?

Does anyone have a topic list of strictly non calculator stuff that is essential to know?

Thanks
I thought that was a pretty nasty paper tbh it could have been much worse i guess but it defo wasn't easy in my opinion
I thought that was a really good paper actually :tongue:
Some of the stuff was really hard though, but all in all, not bad.
Reply 3
Original post by Sam1999__
I thought that was a pretty nasty paper tbh it could have been much worse i guess but it defo wasn't easy in my opinion

Original post by hxfsxh
I thought that was a really good paper actually :tongue:
Some of the stuff was really hard though, but all in all, not bad.

Mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4120409&p=65189425#post65189425
Help in questio
Reply 5
I thought it was an easy enough paper, wasnt easy but it wasnt impossibly difficult like it could have been. I know for a fact i made a few dumb mistakes though.

(Putting 265 instead of 256.5 for the first question)
Did anyone understand the question with the triangle and you had to assume that sine 45 degrees was a surd??
Reply 7
Original post by Samzadon432
Did anyone understand the question with the triangle and you had to assume that sine 45 degrees was a surd??

I had exactly no clue when it came to that
Original post by Samzadon432

The answer was 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was alright, but got harder through the middle :frown:
Original post by gordon123
The answer was 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

how?:s-smilie:
Original post by harveytom
how?:s-smilie:

I can't remember what the numbers were but it was because you use the area of a triangle formula so 1/2(abSinC) =12 when you had all the numbers in the brackets multiplied and stuff you had two root 1's which cancelled eachother our to remove the surd and so it was 8 but I can't remember the numbers so that's not much use hahah
Original post by gordon123
I can't remember what the numbers were but it was because you use the area of a triangle formula so 1/2(abSinC) =12 when you had all the numbers in the brackets multiplied and stuff you had two root 1's which cancelled eachother our to remove the surd and so it was 8 but I can't remember the numbers so that's not much use hahah

I didn't get that question at all :tongue:
But good on you for getting somewhere with it xD
Reply 13
http://imgur.com/a/Bw6gY

Sorry for the poor quality but is is all explained
Reply 14
Right that question was very easy if you know how to use fractions. One of the sides was 3 root 2 and the surd was 1 over root 2. When you times them together, the two surds cancel each other giving you 3. You know the triangle area is 12cm2, so knowing the formula you would know that side c would be 8.
Reply 15
hi does any one hv a link to the markscheme of may 2016 foundation paper plz
Original post by vjsl
hi does any one hv a link to the markscheme of may 2016 foundation paper plz

Papers from last year are not released yet as it is useful for teachers to set these papers as mock exams. To get access you will require your teacher to login to the AQA website and get the paper, I'm sure your teacher will be happy to do this for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending