The Student Room Group

"Cruise ship forces transgender woman to use disabled toilet"

Scroll to see replies

That's really unacceptable that they made her use the disabled loo
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Well done. The cruise ship made the correct decision.
Reply 3
Original post by Rakas21
Well done. The cruise ship made the correct decision.

Being transgender is a disability?
It happened to someone down here recently as well.
Original post by inhuman
Being transgender is a disability?

It's pretty much a mental disability. Transgenders need therapy so they are happy being the gender they should be.
Reply 6
Original post by Madeline_H95
It's pretty much a mental disability. Transgenders need therapy so they are happy being the gender they should be.

Remove yourself.
Original post by Beat
Remove yourself.

Transgenders do not have different brains than other people. Their brains are identical yet they have this belief. It's a mental problem through and through. It needs to be treated as such. If someone convinces them self they're a parrot we don't offer to fix metal horns to their skull. If someone is convinced they're a monkey we don't offer to give them hair transplants all over their body.
Reply 8
Transgenders do not have different brains than other people. Their brains are identical yet they have this belief. It's a mental problem through and through. It needs to be treated as such. If someone convinces them self they're a parrot we don't offer to fix metal horns to their skull. If someone is convinced they're a monkey we don't offer to give them hair transplants all over their body.

God the ignorance is strong from this vile beast of a cretin. There's an extremely large psychological difference between being transgendered and desiring to become an animal...
Original post by Beat
God the ignorance is strong from this vile beast of a cretin. There's an extremely large psychological difference between being transgendered and desiring to become an animal...

It's a fact the brains of a transgender person are identical to someone who's not transgender. It's all in the mind. Up to transgenders to prove otherwise.
Reply 10
Original post by Beat

The principle is the same. You can't be born in the "wrong" body, it's the psyche of the transgender that is damaged and needs treatment.
Oh my god what is the issue? It's the most practical solution get over it ffs you bloody children.
Is it somehow an insult to have to use the same toilet as a disabled person? This is moaning for the sake of attention
Reply 12
It's a fact the brains of a transgender person are identical to someone who's not transgender. It's all in the mind. Up to transgenders to prove otherwise.

What are you talking about.

Original post by Wellzi
The principle is the same. You can't be born in the "wrong" body, it's the psyche of the transgender that is damaged and needs treatment.

Yes you can be born in the wrong body... they're not damaged people nor need treatment.

Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Oh my god what is the issue? It's the most practical solution get over it ffs you bloody children.
Is it somehow an insult to have to use the same toilet as a disabled person? This is moaning for the sake of attention

It's implying that they're disabled which personally I think is quite offensive to someone who has obviously suffered. Nothing wrong with them going to the toilet that matches their gender but whatever.
Original post by Beat
Remove yourself.

Gender Dysphoria is classed as a mental illness, although yes she's wrong about trans thing. That's just one of the treatments for it.
Reply 14
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Gender Dysphoria is classed as a mental illness, although yes she's wrong about trans thing. That's just one of the treatments for it.

In modern day society it shouldn't be classed as a mental illness there's nothing wrong if you feel you're born in the wrong body and you wish to change that.
Reply 15
Original post by Beat
What are you talking about.

Yes you can be born in the wrong body... they're not damaged people nor need treatment.

It's implying that they're disabled which personally I think is quite offensive to someone who has obviously suffered. Nothing wrong with them going to the toilet that matches their gender but whatever.

In my opinion, we should start giving legal recognition to the split personalities of those with MPD and give the vote to the voices heard by a schizophrenic.

After all, like you said, they've obviously suffered from their condition so it can't be a disability.
Original post by Beat

lol no it isn't, it's just dealing with the situation with what you have available. Not everything has a deeper meaning behind it.
@Beat The brains of transgeders are identical to the brains of people who aren't transgender. Transgender people have mental disorder that needs mental therapy as treatment. It's like OCD.
Reply 18
Original post by Beat
In modern day society it shouldn't be classed as a mental illness there's nothing wrong if you feel you're born in the wrong body and you wish to change that.

That's your opinion, and some of us disagree with it. Can't you understand that your opinion isn't the only one?
Original post by Beat

Science and medicine doesn't change because of your feelings on the subject.
It possess the characteristics of a mental illness and so it is. Just because tumblr holds it as something special, doesn't change anything.
If you can give me actual logical reasons beyond, "it's 2016" as to why it should be declassified then I'll take you seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending