The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gamer_44
Yes I got this The constant = 100 didn't it?

Yessss
whats q5 again?
what were the marks for each question??
Reply 483
How was the higher paper?
I will be interested to know from students on high B, hoping to perhaps get an A
Original post by Jamiesmithhd
you were supposed to draw the line y=4 then see where they intersect, but i instead moved the entire graph down by 4 then measured where it intersected y=0

do you think that will still be correct

idk what your tallking about. Im talking about the ones where you had to take out the compass and draw the lines and ****
Original post by TeeEm
I will be interested to know from students on high B, hoping to perhaps get an A

Pretty easy, going to be high grade boundaries.
I got the 4=(X+3)^2 or whatever it was question wrong, but I expanded them properly and all that stuff it's just my factorisation and answer that was wrong how many marks will I get?
Reply 487
Original post by 34908seikj
Pretty easy, going to be high grade boundaries.

thanks
i GOT 75 HOW MUCH IS THIS?
Original post by junayd1998
idk what your tallking about. Im talking about the ones where you had to take out the compass and draw the lines and ****

oh oops
Reply 490
Original post by TeeEm

My maths teacher predicts a harder calculator paper to follow...wasn't to bad though, I I got reckon 62-70 marks
Original post by hello654321
I got the 4=(X+3)^2 or whatever it was question wrong, but I expanded them properly and all that stuff it's just my factorisation and answer that was wrong how many marks will I get?

Depends on how many marks, presuming it was ~4, You'd probably get 2/4
It was a right angled triangle with the sides attaching to the right angle both being 'square root 2' / 2. Then a shaded portion inside the right angles triangle making a thin triangle on the hypotenuse if that makes sense. The length of the side minus the base of the shaded triangle was 'square root 3' /3. Then it asked for the exact area of the shaded triangle.
does anyone remember the marks for each question?
think I lost more than 20marks
Reply 494
Original post by Rajive
My maths teacher predicts a harder calculator paper to follow...wasn't to bad though, I I got reckon 62-70 marks

Not necessarily
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

You know question 14 - the one that was 100-25π - the question said leave your answer in its simplest form. I'm just wondering, were we supposed to put 25(4-π) ? Or is it "simpler" to put 100-25π ? :smile:
Is it for question3 if i answered, some people may interpret answers as being different from others and some people may never eat crips.
Area of prism 750 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Wasn't the probability tree 0.8 x 0.95? Some people are saying 0.8 and 0.04?
Can someone remind me what Q18 was?
Original post by jamesM22
Is it for question3 if i answered, some people may interpret answers as being different from others and some people may never eat crips.

Yeah that's what I put.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending