The Student Room Group

f211 paper predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by happygirl1998
I hope not! im hoping that because its the last year and they know we cant resit they will be nice! but I doubt that because I feel like the exams are getting harder and harder!

Thanks, I'm also scared that grade boundaries will be very high cos only A2 students are taking the exam. 😭
Original post by bakedbeans247
Thanks so much man! :biggrin:
Yeah i thought some of these might come up, thanks again!

You're welcome but I can't guarantee anything lol

For F212 resitters I'd pay attention on smoking as we didn't get any last year and also evolution/natural selection (e.g. how a population of resistant bacteria develops) and plenty on enzymes. Also properties of water and possibly use of microorganisms in food i.e. pros and cons But F212 is so difficult to predict, it seems like everything comes up in that exam.
Original post by Moeaung
Thanks, I'm also scared that grade boundaries will be very high cos only A2 students are taking the exam. 😭

Yeh that's what I'm thinking as well
Original post by milutin767
You're welcome but I can't guarantee anything lol

For F212 resitters I'd pay attention on smoking as we didn't get any last year and also evolution/natural selection (e.g. how a population of resistant bacteria develops) and plenty on enzymes. Also properties of water and possibly use of microorganisms in food i.e. pros and cons But F212 is so difficult to predict, it seems like everything comes up in that exam.

Haha yeah ik.

Has you teacher given you any predictions for other modules? say F214? :smile:
Reply 44
My teacher's predictions and she's generally very accurate:
mitosis, yeast budding, stem cells
blood vessels
hydrostatic pressure graph, lymph, tissue fluid table
microscopes
apoplast/sympast pathways
xerophytes
prokaryotic/eukaryotic cells
cytoskeleton

wow! thanks for these! has your teacher made any predictions for the a2 papers?
Original post by carli97
wow! thanks for these! has your teacher made any predictions for the a2 papers?

nah she wants us to revise everything and then like a week or so before the exam she'll do it
all i can tell you for F214 so far is that we're not getting kidneys because last year there was a huge question on that and the examiner report seems to say it was answered well overall
and i haven't seen much of respiration in 2015 paper but can't really think of that before F211 and F212 are out of the way ://
Reply 46
nah she wants us to revise everything and then like a week or so before the exam she'll do it
all i can tell you for F214 so far is that we're not getting kidneys because last year there was a huge question on that and the examiner report seems to say it was answered well overall
and i haven't seen much of respiration in 2015 paper but can't really think of that before F211 and F212 are out of the way ://

Oh okay! Thanks so much anyway! :smile: x
Reply 47
Original post by Sheary13
How confident is everyone?

I am getting there. Just need to finalise revision and memorise as much detail as I can. Hopefully I can sweat revision tomorrow.

WHat about you?
Seriously I am expecting a nasty calculation like in January 2013 with calculating scar surface of yeast cells or something
There's always a calculation somewhere in there but I think we can expect much more this year because the new specification is all about mathematical concepts in Biology and they might want to test us on that to see how we get on :s-smilie: I don't even do maths btw
What are other people's predictions about this paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made some notes based on the spec. Feel free to use it, sorry but it only covers module 1. Haven't done mod 2 yet.

Original post by carli97
Oh okay! Thanks so much anyway! :smile: x

Original post by Guls
I am getting there. Just need to finalise revision and memorise as much detail as I can. Hopefully I can sweat revision tomorrow.

WHat about you?

Seriously I am expecting a nasty calculation like in January 2013 with calculating scar surface of yeast cells or something
There's always a calculation somewhere in there but I think we can expect much more this year because the new specification is all about mathematical concepts in Biology and they might want to test us on that to see how we get on :s-smilie: I don't even do maths btw

Original post by Anymorefor123
What are other people's predictions about this paper ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by that.ghost
Made some notes based on the spec. Feel free to use it, sorry but it only covers module 1. Haven't done mod 2 yet.

If you guys haven't already and want to, there's a small chat room for f211'ers, ask questions that your stuck on etc or help answer questions, we also have a nice google doc summarizing big topics: us22.chatzy.com/92060550503781
Original post by Sheary13
I made predictions for all my exams last year and surprisingly got them all right. I will be posting new my predictions for this year exam for ocr biology soon. Also if anyone can post the F211 2015 paper online would be much appreciated.

Original post by nkh123
you have the 2015 f211 & f212 papers?

Aww man no one is replying! :*( I need them too.

Have you got the 2015 paper? If i could get my hands on that i could make some predictions, I was pretty good/accurate at it last year.

Original post by lolpool
lool ik nah i dont have the paper ill try get it though somehow

Thanks man, please do let me know if you find it! How's your revision going? Which papers are you sitting? :smile:

Here is the paper for those that want it. Mark scheme attached also.
Best of luck for tomorrow.
Ah ok, well there probably will be chats for the other modules too :smile:
Does anyone reckon there will be anything to do with translocation on the paper
Reply 55
My teacher's predictions and she's generally very accurate:
mitosis, yeast budding, stem cells
blood vessels
hydrostatic pressure graph, lymph, tissue fluid table
microscopes
apoplast/sympast pathways
xerophytes
prokaryotic/eukaryotic cells
cytoskeleton

has the hydrostatic pressure question ever come upif so please tell the paper finding it hard to work out how to answer this
how did everyone find it...
I thought most of it was okay, apart from the last q omg couldent answer it at all :frown: lost 4 marks there

and also that contractile vacuole q ffs

ran out of time tbh
how did everyone find it...
I thought most of it was okay, apart from the last q omg couldent answer it at all :frown: lost 4 marks there

and also that contractile vacuole q ffs

ran out of time tbh

Half of the paper was okay the other half was just complete crap, i also ran out of time as i struggled to understand some of the questions. Usually when doing them i only take about 40 minutes :/
Original post by Richpeasant
Half of the paper was okay the other half was just complete crap, i also ran out of time as i struggled to understand some of the questions. Usually when doing them i only take about 40 minutes :/

I agree... completely ran out of time.. couldent even check my answers, so annoyed because usually you end with like 15 minutes spare.

plus there were a few dodgy q's
I agree... completely ran out of time.. couldent even check my answers, so annoyed because usually you end with like 15 minutes spare.

plus there were a few dodgy q's

The one about stem cells, i had no idea about, not sure it's in either of my text books either, and that last question was just, who ever came up with that should be shot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending