The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ad4m
difficult to say considering the fact that only 1 paper has been sat. however, if paper 2 is similar then 160-165 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** i need an at least an A on this paper to do maths A-level
According to this I've lost only 5 marks so far:u:
Original post by Anonymous20000
I factorised the letter one (t=5x+20y) will i still get the mark if thats right??

Probably not. While it still works, they didn't ask you do to it nor is it in the "correct" form.
Original post by kennethdcharles
According to this I've lost only 5 marks so far:u:

I've dropped 8 cuz I'm stoooopid feels bad man.
You know for the crisps question where is says why is asking students at a school not a good sample.

Would this answer be ok:

It is not a good sample because asking students at a school is not representative of all people.

??
My predictions for grade boundaries (I've tried to look at the jumps between 2010-2015)

A*- highest the boundaries could go: 165-168/200
A*-lowest grade boundaries could go: 160-162/200

It is unlikely they will keep it around 155 like last year my personal thought because the test was doable

A-highest the boundaries could go: 133-136/200
A- lowest the boundaries could go : 128-132/200

The boundaries will usually go down by 30-35 for each grade
the last question asked for the exact figure tho....?
Yes the sample is too small and bad representation
Original post by junayd1998
You know for the crisps question where is says why is asking students at a school not a good sample.

Would this answer be ok:

It is not a good sample because asking students at a school is not representative of all people.

??
another part of Q3 was: the sample was taken from students. Why is this a bad sample group?
i put because it would not represent everyone as it is an unvaried sample group.
Original post by Xxxibgdrgn

I think it means it should be completely accurate so you have to leave it as a surd

Exact means surds.
For Question 14 i did all that working but put 75 pi as my answer
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

Original post by 34908seikj
Probably not. While it still works, they didn't ask you do to it nor is it in the "correct" form.

Would i get method marks, i did get the correct answer, and wrote it down, but i put the factorised version in the answer box thing.
Original post by junayd1998
no

Done same mistake, do we get 0 for this or 1 mark?
From the surds question i've seen.

ABD = 1/2 x rt2/2 x rt2/2 = 2/8 = 1/4

ABC = 1/2 x rt3/3 x rt2/2 = rt6/12

ABD - ABC = 1/4 - rt6/12
Original post by bantaleg
For Question 14 i did all that working but put 75 pi as my answer

You can't do 100-25pi without multiplying out the Pi first. BODMAS.
Original post by natashabeth
who thinks maths is cool
:biggrin:

u cant spell maths w/o cool so
Original post by Federerr
Does anyone remember how the circle theorem question looked like? If so please could you draw it and show meh :smile:

13295166_1129867527056891_732756626_n.jpg

what did u get cuz in the beginning i got the whole area of the triangle as 0.5 then i worked out the smaller one and i took both areas away but i couldnt work it out?
Reply 619
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

I think the questionnaire/survey question also awarded marks for creating a better question- not sure though but normally is out of 2 marks
Also there was question on envelopes and putting it in a t=x+y format, I believe the answer was y=5x+20y, cant remember the question number

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending