The Student Room Group

Have I failed maths???

Had the edexcel non-calc exam today and safe to say I've done pretty poorly as maths is my worst subject! Totted up certain marks and I think I have about 28 depending on leniency of marking; this is obviously a D but I was wondering if I picked up quite a few marks on the calculator would it be possible to scrape a C?? I'm desperate to not have to retake maths!
Yes you can still get a C. 40 marks would guarantee a C if you got that on the next paper.
Original post by meldiriell
Had the edexcel non-calc exam today and safe to say I've done pretty poorly as maths is my worst subject! Totted up certain marks and I think I have about 28 depending on leniency of marking; this is obviously a D but I was wondering if I picked up quite a few marks on the calculator would it be possible to scrape a C?? I'm desperate to not have to retake maths!

I'd say you need about 35 on paper 2 for a secure C overall. This is just an estimate going off how hard mine was last year, if it was even harder than probably less.
Original post by Certified
Yes you can still get a C. 40 marks would guarantee a C if you got that on the next paper.

to be honest it was really hard. Most of those questions did not come up on any previous exams I know off.
I was aiming for 'B', now I will be happy to get 'C'.
Original post by Gabika1979
to be honest it was really hard. Most of those questions did not come up on any previous exams I know off.
I was aiming for 'B', now I will be happy to get 'C'.

Last years paper was much harder in my opinion (June 2015 aka Hannah's sweets)

The calculator may be harder though, just try your best. I would advise practising SOH CAH TOA alongside sine and cosine rule. You can pick up marks on those questions as long as you know how it works. Get all the grade C questions correct on the paper and you have a B.
Reply 5

Thank you! Hopefully the calculator paper will be more forgiving :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Bruce267099
I'd say you need about 35 on paper 2 for a secure C overall. This is just an estimate going off how hard mine was last year, if it was even harder than probably less.

I personally thought it was quite hard but some others thought it was easy! All perspective I suppose; hopefully I can scrape that C!
I personally thought it was quite hard but some others thought it was easy! All perspective I suppose; hopefully I can scrape that C!

Good luck! You have just under two weeks to get your grade up.

You've probably done better than you thought, hopefully you get lots of method marks.
Thank you! Hopefully the calculator paper will be more forgiving :smile:

The non cacl paper was not that bad lmao it was gucci.
Reply 10
Good luck! You have just under two weeks to get your grade up.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied for giving me a bit of confidence as I actually passed maths and was 2 marks off a B!!
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied for giving me a bit of confidence as I actually passed maths and was 2 marks off a B!!

Well done!
Well done! I passed too!'C' 89/200. Both of my friends failed though, one got barely 50 marks....
Good luck in your future!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending