The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What do you think grade boundaries will be?
Was a pretty good/ok paper imo, dropped maybe 10 marks I reckon, really odd last question though, didn't realise they expected us to know about that kind of thing.
Reply 42
What did you get for the question on amoeba if there was no vacuole?
Reply 43
What stage of mitosis did everyone say that was?
Reply 44
Original post by Bgxx
What stage of mitosis did everyone say that was?

Anaphase
Original post by Bgxx

It would heamolyse
Reply 46
i said Anaphase since the chromatids were at opposite ends
Original post by Craske1997
Yeah F A B E

Ahh I think I got that wrong
What did everyone put for the 4 mark moss cell water uptake q.. From the root cells ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Bgxx

I put the cell would burst due to there being no cell wall?
Reply 50
Original post by Anymorefor123
What did everyone put for the 4 mark moss cell water uptake q.. From the root cells ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explained water will enter down water pot grad, from high to low via osmosis..

then I talked about the adhesion/cohesion of water molecules as they are pulled up Xylem under pressure gradient, high to low under tension - jus the transpiration process
I'm glad everyone else found that relatively hard too. I hope the other 3 papers aren't like that one :frown:
Reply 52
I didn't think it was that bad but I've probably dropped a load of marks :frown:
Reply 53
It was actually quite good except for the Stem cell and last heart question. I think i should have gotten at least a c/b IJN
Reply 54
How was F211 today guys? I'm retaking F212 after half term, but mainly going to focus on revising A2 because it's harder:frown:
What is everyone thinking? Im not resiting but in comparison to last years paper harder/easier?
Reply 56
Will anyone release an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
What is everyone thinking? Im not resiting but in comparison to last years paper harder/easier?

Personally I'd say it was easier, just they threw in more curveballs this year which made it hard to know what to put eg the last question 😑
Reply 58
In one of the questions, Is it ok if I put endodermal (layer) instead of endodermis?
What did everyone get for the last question- labelling parts of the heart?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending