The Student Room Group

Gcse AQA English literature poems

what do you predict for the poems to come up for the aqa english literature poetry exam?
What percentage is the poetry paper?
Reply 2
Original post by tessabella
What percentage is the poetry paper?

Pretty sure it's 35% ☺️
Original post by superjay39
what do you predict for the poems to come up for the aqa english literature poetry exam?

Flag, futililty, the right word, poppies or falling leaves are possibilities. I think Flag could come up
Reply 4
Which cluster are you doing?
Original post by deadlyninja123
Flag, futililty, the right word, poppies or falling leaves are possibilities. I think Flag could come up

Do u think they ever repeat the same ones as the years before? Looking through past papers it looks like they never seem to repeat?! Which means it's easier to predict I guess..

the only poems that haven't come up in all the past papers are: coy mistress, brothers and paris, but poems can be repeated (eg Farmer's bride, nettles, manhunt and sonnet 43) so there is no way of knowing really. It's highly unlikely to be manhunt or sister maude however, because they don't do the same poems two years in a row.

what themes do you think will come up??
Original post by eloisenewton_
Do u think they ever repeat the same ones as the years before? Looking through past papers it looks like they never seem to repeat?! Which means it's easier to predict I guess..

Aqa can use foundation poems for higher. Other than that, they have never repeated poems. The Right Word has never come up. Make sure you know all the poems well and which poems can be compared with others, just in case.
Reply 8
For the conflict section, the poems that haven't come up are falling leaves, Belfast confetti, poppies and right word
Original post by deadlyninja123
Aqa can use foundation poems for higher. Other than that, they have never repeated poems. The Right Word has never come up. Make sure you know all the poems well and which poems can be compared with others, just in case.

Okay yeah that's what I was wondering..good point about foundation/higher though, hadn't thought about that!
Original post by rihana.c
For the conflict section, the poems that haven't come up are falling leaves, Belfast confetti, poppies and right word

Thanks I might as well start with these ones :smile:)
Original post by Cj707
Pretty sure it's 35% ☺️

thankyou:smile:
Reply 12

I think the poetry 'give' might come up but I dunno lool but can you help me with analysis of poetry because my English lit exams tomorrow ;(( xx then I got half term inneh
RELATIONSHIP CLUSTER predictions?
Original post by willsp8
RELATIONSHIP CLUSTER predictions?

To His Coy Mistress, In Paris With You, Brothers, Nettles & Praise Song for My Mother are the ones that I have heard
Has anyone got a pEZZ paragrap comparing two poems from reltaionships? I don't mind which two but I need to see the structure and how you make the points :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending