The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by salty670
question 3 was 38

what was the actual question?
Original post by a.v.a.v
There was one question about a cuboid and the angle AH makes with the base.....can't remember what i got exactly but i think it was like 62.5 or something around that

The 3d trig/pythagerous? I think i got 20 something...:/
Reply 62
See my post. Do you know any of them?
I'll add as many as I can...
Reply 63
Original post by babbajung

Question number?
Reply 64
Original post by IGCSETANK
No offence kid but I'm predicted 7A* 3A's and already have a dentistry course lined up..... Good look shovelling s*** for the rest of your life f**. Don't worry kid someone will adopt you some day

??
Original post by _Xenon_
Please help us get together an unofficial mark scheme for the Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A HIGHER TIER exam today. If you can remember any questions/answers (preferably with question numbers) please post below. Please note that the questions which are currently empty are labelled 'not done' and will be filled in ASAP. Many thanks. :smile:

Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 5 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 6 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 7 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 8 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 9 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 10

Spoiler

Question 11 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 12 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 13 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 14 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 15 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 16 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 17 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 18 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 19 (not done)

Spoiler

Question 20

Spoiler

Question 21

Spoiler

Question 22

Spoiler

[Probability one was 0.298. Angles one was 63. Cube and sphere one was 1637.]

If you remember the question numbers please let me know, thanks.
I cant remember question numbers but the question about the particle - what the velocity is and the time where it equalled 0, the cumulative frequency table, graph and number over 85kg and IQ range, the question asking for the equation of a line parallel to the line we were given the coordinates for
Reply 66
What do people think the grade boundary for an a* will be?? Cause for the January paper is was something like 76 but idk if this one was harder or easier?!
Reply 67

no 24.1
Reply 68

no 24.1 ....
Can someone explain why the circle theorems was 63?
Reply 70
Original post by Annaperdy
Can someone explain why the circle theorems was 63?

48 + 15
Don't cry kid hahaha, the sphere one wasn't 1637 either😂you had to use the upper bound divided by the lower bound. Gave you 18, not 1637

How is the answer 18? (I don't mean it in a rude way, I'm genuinely asking)
Reply 72
Guys, for the cube and the sphere question, does anybody remember the length of the Cube's sides? I think I found the lower bound for the sphere's volume and then I used the upper bound for the cube's volume and I divided them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lattu27
How is the answer 18? (I don't mean it in a rude way, I'm genuinely asking)

You were given 4.5cm which you have to convert to MM via the multiplication of 10, giving you 45cm.
The upper bound value of 45 is 45.5, hence you have 45.5MM
Divide this by your MM value, which was 3. This needs to be a lower bound to produce a maximum value and so you should divide by 2.5MM ( question stated 3MM to nearest MILIMETRE).
This would have given you 18
Original post by sgsb0y
Guys, for the cube and the sphere question, does anybody remember the length of the Cube's sides? I think I found the lower bound for the sphere's volume and then I used the upper bound for the cube's volume and I divided them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 4.5cm to the nearest 0.5cm
Original post by izak
with a name like igcsetank your probably play minecraft or some gay shite and wow look at you a dentist!! probably still be a virgin at like 60

Rich coming from a person called izak, nice spelling bender
Original post by WhiteX
no 24.1 ....

Yeah i got that! I meant 20 something as in couldn't remember which number in the twenties
You were given 4.5cm which you have to convert to MM via the multiplication of 10, giving you 45cm.
The upper bound value of 45 is 45.5, hence you have 45.5MM
Divide this by your MM value, which was 3. This needs to be a lower bound to produce a maximum value and so you should divide by 2.5MM ( question stated 3MM to nearest MILIMETRE).
This would have given you 18

It was 4.5cm to the nearest 0.5cm so if you were to convert it, it would become 45mm not cm like you said. Also, as it was to the nearest 0.5cm the upper bound would have been 4.75cm which is not 45.5mm when converted
Reply 78
Overall, this thread has made me really confident now. I thought I had messed up the circle theorem question (somehow) and that was worth like 4 or 5 marks! Now I think the only questions I'm certain I have messed up are the sphere-->cube and the parallel line question. Good job on remembering the exact measurements and answers guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Rich coming from a person called izak, nice spelling bender

i understand you dont like me its okay to be in to older men like your dad ahaha jog on mate

Quick Reply