The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FettyYak
which practicals do we need to know?

All 6 I assume. I don't understand how the practical element works though because in physics all of the practical questions are in paper 2? But I don't know for biology. From the AQA website I gathered that in paper one there are 65marks on short answer questions and then 10marks for a "comprehension question" so I literally don't know😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AfcFob
The 6 required ones... Enzymes, serial dilution, aseptic technique, dissection, mitotic index and membrane permeability

I am so confused about what a calibration curve is - my lab book is rubbish so I am pretty lost
Reply 42
Original post by mkeshefkhan
I am so confused about what a calibration curve is - my lab book is rubbish so I am pretty lost

I don't even know a 'calibration curve' is not in my CGP revision book I'm looking at rn
Reply 43
love how people were stressing about the calibration curve and it came up :colonhash:
Reply 44
Original post by 1248736394
How did everyone find it ?

I thought it went quite well. There was lots of content about enzymes though.
suspicious to say the least
Original post by marcobruni98
suspicious to say the least

Yep. It got easier near the end
What did everyone do to calculate the rate in standard form??
Reply 48
Original post by 1248736394
There was so much application !!! I really liked the 10 marker though - the fish questions confused me a lot though. I felt as though I was writing about water potential for the whole thing! 😔

I think you're talking about the resit paper. This thread is about the new spec
Original post by The_queenb
What did everyone do to calculate the rate in standard form??

Divided it by 60 as it was in hours, and the answer needed to be in minutes :smile:
[QUOTE="1248736394;65198907"]There was so much application !!! I really liked the 10 marker though - the fish questions confused me a lot though. I felt as though I was writing about water potential for the whole thing! 😔[/QUOTE

What fish question?
Well they were talking about gills but I think you had to say about water potential ?
Reply 52
I must have done a different paper. There was nothing about gills on mine
Did you do the graph in standard form? Did you do it for rate of reaction per minute or per hour? Would it really matter anyway? Thank you to the person who just gave me a near cardiac arrest talking about 10 markers
Original post by mp1998
I must have done a different paper. There was nothing about gills on mine

Yea me too
It was alright, I just hated that bloody graph and standard form crap, can anyone get the paper we did off their teacher and PM or something just so I can use it to revise for paper 2, or if anyone remembers all the topics that came up because I feel like i'm forgetting a few, I just know there is going to be so many practical questions in paper 2. What questions did you guys find the hardest ?
What did everyone get for the rate of reaction?
Original post by DeRerumNatura
It was alright, I just hated that bloody graph and standard form crap, can anyone get the paper we did off their teacher and PM or something just so I can use it to revise for paper 2, or if anyone remembers all the topics that came up because I feel like i'm forgetting a few, I just know there is going to be so many practical questions in paper 2. What questions did you guys find the hardest ?

The stupid 4 marker about the mono spindle fibres or whatever the things were
Reply 58
Original post by Redblue12
What did everyone get for the rate of reaction?

i got 22.5 but i dont think its right im not sure i even know how to calculate it i just divided the value on the left axis by 10
What was the fish question?

Quick Reply

Latest