The Student Room Group

Anyone have any thoughts on the Edexcel Applied ICT 'Last Minute Laura' Pre release?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry_dragon
first question 7 things relevant to model
asked about the different data sources
make a table including attractions and the tidal requirements
second question get selection sheet working pretty much
third question use a formula they give you to work out a route for a month in august
fourth question make a handover on how to use the spreadsheet include scrnshots

Think I can get selection working and do report and depth requirements! Do they actually just give you the formula for August? No working out sine or anything? Also what do you say about the data sources like what points? How was the timing? :smile: Thank you so much
Original post by banter1234
No, I have done the imported data with the pre release; another sheet in excel i saw needed calculations about phase angles not related to that previously imported data. any clarification? I think it was for august.

that'll be the august tides. use october tides sheet to figure it out
Original post by banter1234
last question: do we need to do any calculations using sine and cosine rules?

im not really a mathematical man so if cosine and sine are just cos and sin then yeah you use them in activity 3
Reply 83
whats the sin and cos thing?
Original post by Angry_dragon
im not really a mathematical man so if cosine and sine are just cos and sin then yeah you use them in activity 3

do you remember the sine and cosine formulas?
Original post by TruckleHunter123
I am retaking as well! Exam is tomorrow and kinda nervous because I need a good grade and dont want to forget the main formula and crumble under the pressure, but thus year doesn't seem like theres one formula which is the be all and end all :smile: And my pre release actually works, but go no idea about this sine thing and I do a level maths? Any help would be greatly appreciated as kinda desperate ngl haha

Everyone worries about the pi, cos and sine however it will tell what to do. For pi for the formula should be. =(b31*(pi ()*4))/30. B31 is just an example it will tell you what cell to use) The formuals for cos and sine tell you how to do it. They will be if statements.

Pi ()
Cos ()
Sin() or Sine () forgot one of the two

DON'T FORGET THE BRACKETS.
Reply 86
hi has anyone got any tips on the report that we have to do

any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Well my good amigo, you happen to be in good fortune as I am a wizard. The report consists of 4 chapters, each is a challenge set to you by the big man upstairs, God. To prove you are worthy you must pass these challenges in haste. Challenge 1, go and slay a lion... Come back when you have passed challenge numero uno and the quest shall continue... MC Gandalf signing out
Reply 88
Corbis-41133[2].jpg
quest complete :tongue:
Congrats! You have got further than most... This was actually a test and I'm actually an animal activist and you are an animal abuser
Reply 90
Original post by davedavedave323
Congrats! You have got further than most... This was actually a test and I'm actually an animal activist and you are an animal abuser

One has not slayed the lion, just a friendly wrestle with him :colondollar:

Disclaimer:
No lions were harmed while making these posts

or were they I guess you will never know:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by Katy135
Okay does anyone have any idea on the pre release what you do on the october tides sheet? and how you do it?

Dont worry about it, its nothing
Reply 92
Original post by R1CH101
Dont worry about it, its nothing

Does it not come up on the exam?
Reply 93
Original post by Katy135
Does it not come up on the exam?

Not october
What happens if you forget to show formulaes as I forgot to and didnt print properly and also forgot to put the activity number for activity 2 & 3 how many marks will I lose. Really stressed since I messed up
What did everybody put for the data sources question? Think it's activity 1C?

Do you just use the spreadsheet & the text file and explain what they're used for?
Reply 96
Original post by FilipeLuis
What did everybody put for the data sources question? Think it's activity 1C?

Do you just use the spreadsheet & the text file and explain what they're used for?

I think it shoul d be tommy and the harbour master as they give you data
Reply 97
how do you make july tides into october tides?Or is whatever tides given to you
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
I forgot to show formulaes and enter my name ontop of each page for activity 2 the model will
I lose a lot of marks
Reply 99
Original post by kyuxc12
I forgot to show formulaes and enter my name ontop of each page for activity 2 the model will
I lose a lot of marks

Well as long as the exam board still know the printout is yours it should be fine! Although you will use quite few marks for presentation, how did you find question 1?

Quick Reply

Latest