The Student Room Group

lets sue edexcel

Scroll to see replies

i'm taking AS at the moment so i know how annoying it is when people call GCSEs easy or whatever.
You do have a f*king tonne in store for next year, like nothing can ever prepare you.

its just an onslaught of "everything we taught you last year was a lie" followed by "here's the new explanation" followed by "here's a hwk sheet that is in no way related to what we just covered in class- good luck figuring it out!"

But trust me your results will come out much better than you think they're going to. If you're clever enough to be using tsr then you'll be reyt. The exam boards are very annoying at GCSE though that's true.

good luck w the rest of your exams m7
Original post by gameofno
ugh... i get that a-levels are harder, but also as a gcse student these are my first serious and external exams, and i need good grades this year and in sixth form to be able to apply for a scholarship, and my parents are expecting like A's and A*'s, so I'M ALLOWED TO BE STRESSED OUT

I'm not saying don't get stressed out. Be stressed if you want. But study. Revise. Don't blame the exam boards. We've all been in your position and survived so you should be able to do it too.
Reply 22
Original post by Legendary Quest
I'm not saying don't get stressed out. Be stressed if you want. But study. Revise. Don't blame the exam boards. We've all been in your position and survived so you should be able to do it too.

i've been studying since last year, i even studied in summer. but the exam boards still suck. and our environments etc aren't the same, so don't assume taking gcses is the same for everyone
Reply 23
Original post by mrashid98
i'm taking AS at the moment so i know how annoying it is when people call GCSEs easy or whatever.
You do have a f*king tonne in store for next year, like nothing can ever prepare you.

its just an onslaught of "everything we taught you last year was a lie" followed by "here's the new explanation" followed by "here's a hwk sheet that is in no way related to what we just covered in class- good luck figuring it out!"

But trust me your results will come out much better than you think they're going to. If you're clever enough to be using tsr then you'll be reyt. The exam boards are very annoying at GCSE though that's true.

good luck w the rest of your exams m7

hahhahahahhahahaa i think im taking IB anyway not a levels, but i know it must be hard, my sister is doing a2 rn :frown:
ty though and good luck to you too x
Reply 24
Original post by georginarowley
I'm all for that, let's go for it. The people who made that maths paper clearly have unresolved issues and a hatred for humanity

I disagree, P1 was horrible but the maths was easy
Okay...... Back to suing EdExcel - yes please, their drama a2 exams are hell

(And not that anyone cares, but I think GCSEs are hard because you don't know what to expect, and you've got a tonne of them. A-Levels are hard too because of the sheer amount of content you need to cover, oh, and what with there being a massive gap in knowledge we aren't taught between the two....)
i've been studying since last year, i even studied in summer. but the exam boards still suck. and our environments etc aren't the same, so don't assume taking gcses is the same for everyone

If you've been studying that much then you should be fine.

How is your environment drastically different? Lol, I am not assuming that everything is the same but I can assure you that complaining about something so small is a waste of time.
Reply 27
Original post by bethchapman
okay...... Back to suing edexcel - yes please, their drama a2 exams are hell

(and not that anyone cares, but i think gcses are hard because you don't know what to expect, and you've got a tonne of them. A-levels are hard too because of the sheer amount of content you need to cover, oh, and what with there being a massive gap in knowledge we aren't taught between the two....)

EXACTLY thank you.
Reply 28
Original post by Legendary Quest
If you've been studying that much then you should be fine.

How is your environment drastically different? Lol, I am not assuming that everything is the same but I can assure you that complaining about something so small is a waste of time.

not drastically, but people may have to deal with personal things which can cause a lot of stress on top of exams and everything etc. and it may be a waste of time to you, but to me in the PRESENT MOMENT it isn't, and if you don't wanna listen to us complain why are you on the thread? AHAH what even.
Original post by _Xenon_
The exam was harder than A levels!

Nah
not drastically, but people may have to deal with personal things which can cause a lot of stress on top of exams and everything etc. and it may be a waste of time to you, but to me in the PRESENT MOMENT it isn't, and if you don't wanna listen to us complain why are you on the thread? AHAH what even.

Oh, bud. You'll be okay. You've worked your socks off, and you deserve the scholarship. Exams are tough, but so are you.

And what with your situation, whatever it may be - don't bottle it up, if you need to talk or vent to someone: find someone. And if you want to vent to someone who you don't know/will never have to talk to again, you're more than welcome to talk to me. I had a tough time getting through GCSEs for reasons other than exams too xxx
Reply 31
Original post by bethchapman
Oh, bud. You'll be okay. You've worked your socks off, and you deserve the scholarship. Exams are tough, but so are you.

And what with your situation, whatever it may be - don't bottle it up, if you need to talk or vent to someone: find someone. And if you want to vent to someone who you don't know/will never have to talk to again, you're more than welcome to talk to me. I had a tough time getting through GCSEs for reasons other than exams too xxx

ahhh thank you so much, at least somebody here is supportive :') ty i appreciate this xxx
im using the laptop to revise, genius
so here are some tips:
1. stop
2. leave

So:
1) get off TSR
2) Study
Original post by _Xenon_
The exam was harder than A levels!

This statement is 100% BS. Again good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sfaraj
can we sue ocr as well please?

Yes because of their horrific physics a as exam in which there was to little time to answer the questions which required lots of think time- even my physics teacher agreed. Additionally the 1 mark multiple choice questions should have been atleast 3 marks each for some of them.
why stop at edexcel - lets throw ocr into the mix - they never stick to their own spec
Original post by sfaraj
can we sue ocr as well please?

omg I legit just said this
I'm pretty sure my whole A2 bio class would support this ahah
Having a crap exam board sucks but it's important to remember that grade boundaries are set relative to what everyone else gets so top 90% A* top 80% A etc so it's unlikely to put you at a disadvantage because if it's a really confusing/hard paper everyone will screw up so it will even out. Also try to use how much you hate the exam board as motivation, I feel like the best exam papers you write are ones that you write kinda passive aggressively. My AS bio and gcse geography exams were both really difficult/weird but they both ended up being one of my highest grades especially AS bio so trust me it will turn out better than you think! Good luck, GCSE'S are really tough and I think the best advice I can give is to take regular breaks and make sure you eat/sleep/drink enough because that's so important in reducing stress. The summer after GCSE's is honestly so good so look forward to that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BerniHurton
omg I legit just said this

ayyyeee, what you sueing them for? im sueing them for bio
Reply 39
Original post by Jammy Duel
So:
1) get off TSR
2) Study

im multitasking lol

Quick Reply

Latest