The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benjbob123
It was 4.5cm to the nearest 0.5cm so if you were to convert it, it would become 45mm not cm like you said. Also, as it was to the nearest 0.5cm the upper bound would have been 4.75cm which is not 45.5mm when converted

Didn't say 4.5 cm was to the nearest CM that was for the MM value, so it definitely gave 45.5mm
Original post by IGCSETANK
You were given 4.5cm which you have to convert to MM via the multiplication of 10, giving you 45cm.
The upper bound value of 45 is 45.5, hence you have 45.5MM
Divide this by your MM value, which was 3. This needs to be a lower bound to produce a maximum value and so you should divide by 2.5MM ( question stated 3MM to nearest MILIMETRE).
This would have given you 18

What about volume?
Reply 82
i got 6/21(0.285714) for the probability
Reply 83
Original post by lattu27
What about volume?

exactly this kid has no idea what hes talking about
What mark do you need to get for 100 UMS ?
Didn't say 4.5 cm was to the nearest CM that was for the MM value, so it definitely gave 45.5mm

No, I'm pretty sure that it said to the nearest 0.5cm.
Guys, if I found the correct gradient on the exercise where we had to find a parallel line but then somehow messed it up and wrote 3x+4y=11, would I get any marks..? I previously found the correct answer but I unfortunately crossed it off and I'm pretty sure they won't count any of it. I really wanted to do good, damn it!
Reply 87
Original post by moblox
i got 6/21(0.285714) for the probability

you were close but for the possibility of 2+2+2 3/9 x 2/8 x 1/7 = 1/84 which when added to 24/84 (6/21 x 4) gives 25/84
Reply 88
Original post by elizapa_
Guys, if I found the correct gradient on the exercise where we had to find a parallel line but then somehow messed it up and wrote 3x+4y=11, would I get any marks..? I previously found the correct answer but I unfortunately crossed it off and I'm pretty sure they won't count any of it. I really wanted to do good, damn it!

pretty sure thats right except it should be 19 not 11
You were given 4.5cm which you have to convert to MM via the multiplication of 10, giving you 45cm.
The upper bound value of 45 is 45.5, hence you have 45.5MM
Divide this by your MM value, which was 3. This needs to be a lower bound to produce a maximum value and so you should divide by 2.5MM ( question stated 3MM to nearest MILIMETRE).
This would have given you 18

The 3mm was also not the spheres volume, it was the radius. You had to work out the volume using "4/3 x pi x radius^3". That's why you got 18 which was wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
y u do dis...and i thought i did well :frown:
the answer for question 9 is 52
Reply 92
you're all faggots arguing over maths test smh
Reply 93
How many marks was the last question worth?
Original post by meme259
How many marks was the last question worth?

6 I think
Reply 95
for the probability you had to do all possible orders for picking numbers that total six, there was six possibilitieseach one had a chance of 1/21 so you had to add all 6
Reply 96
I got t=2 for finding the acceleration in the differentiation question, anyone else??
Reply 97
Original post by moblox
for the probability you had to do all possible orders for picking numbers that total six, there was six possibilitieseach one had a chance of 1/21 so you had to add all 6

7 as you forgot 2,2,2
Reply 98
Original post by Emilyros
I got t=2 for finding the acceleration in the differentiation question, anyone else??

yeah i got 2 thats right
Original post by izak
pretty sure thats right except it should be 19 not 11

so I might not lose all the marks? Overall, did you find this paper easy/hard ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending