The Student Room Group

I found the maths GCSE exam hard. Anyone else?

i did my paper 1 edexcel i found it so hard i am gonna cry
i think i only got like 40 marks
even if i get 100 in the next one i would only get an A
I NEED HELPPPP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was slightly challenging
Reply 2
Original post by Rajive
It was slightly challenging

naaaah bruv it was bare hard :frown:
i am gonna fail in life
Reply 3
I'm aiming for an A, I probably got like 60 marks so I'm counting on the calc paper to be better
Remember you don't need the final answer to be correct to get a bulk of method marks! ;D
Reply 5
Original post by MarcusThePotato
Remember you don't need the final answer to be correct to get a bulk of method marks! ;D

Is there any way i can get an A star
Reply 6
Original post by DeCosta
I'm aiming for an A, I probably got like 60 marks so I'm counting on the calc paper to be better

Bruuh: I need an A and I counted between 64-71 marks so hoping calculator goes much better
Original post by Rajive
Bruuh: I need an A and I counted between 64-71 marks so hoping calculator goes much better

I found it really difficult too, don't worry, I'm preying the grade boundaries are like last years
If it makes you feel any better i found it very hard :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by laumax1401
I NEED HELPPPP

Only an A.... I can't tell if your being sarcastic or what??
I was aiming for an A*... I might get an A* but you can never know. I am comfortable I got an A but in all honesty, I will cry if I get an A overall.

In general, the paper wasn't the easiest. A lot of the foundation questions I left out initially and I panicked. However, I found the higher questions easier ironically and when I came back to answer the foundation questions, they were easier to answer because I was more confident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by laumax1401
I NEED HELPPPP

it was an okay test paper, i just blanked out ... but dont worry its not only you
Reply 12
Original post by willsp8
Only an A.... I can't tell if your being sarcastic or what??

no i am not being sarcastic :/
its just that i would like to do maths A level and maybe go into accounting
so i need an A STAR
Reply 13
@Rajive the amount of topics that didn't come up which i revised lmao, such a waste of my time
It was easier than any other past paper I have done.
Reply 15
Original post by DeCosta
@Rajive the amount of topics that didn't come up which i revised lmao, such a waste of my time

lol same i wasted bares of time doing histograms and stuff like that
I'm sure if a large majority of people found the test hard they will bring the grade boundaries down xx
I found the surds question at the end difficult and I'm doing further maths :O x
I found it sosoosososo hard i was in tears after that exam.. Ive been getting straight A*s since year 10, really high ones too and my teacher expected the same for this one...... I seriously couldnt face him after the exam. I was soo upset
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
It was easier than any other past paper I have done.

WAIT.... WHAT??!?! I found it the total opposite
Original post by abc_123_
I'm sure if a large majority of people found the test hard they will bring the grade boundaries down xx
I found the surds question at the end difficult and I'm doing further maths :O x

Will they though? Have they lowered them before when people have particularly struggled?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending