The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Is there anywhere we can get an unofficial mark scheme from?
Reply 61
I thought it went it went really well the two topics that came where probably the easiest ones

Its dy/dx so u had to find the difference
Original post by hxrrict
i got 22.5 but i dont think its right im not sure i even know how to calculate it i just divided the value on the left axis by 10

Yeah I also got 22.5
For the magnification question, who else got something like 21,000? I followed all the steps but I think my answer looks weird, I'm not sure.
what did people do to get the values for the table (and then you had to do the graph) i divided the values they gave by 60
Original post by neyscar
For the magnification question, who else got something like 21,000? I followed all the steps but I think my answer looks weird, I'm not sure.

yes i got that too it was something like 214...
Original post by hxrrict
i got 22.5 but i dont think its right im not sure i even know how to calculate it i just divided the value on the left axis by 10

Pretty sure it was 9.4/9.5 if it was correct to draw a tangent
Reply 67
Original post by neyscar

i got exactly that
that felt like a paper on enzymes I swear they were in every question, bit confusing. I got 22.5 for the ROR, but I messed up the magnification cos i did the wrong conversion:frown: For the graph question did other people get answers x10^-3?
Reply 69
Original post by nav5678
what did people do to get the values for the table (and then you had to do the graph) i divided the values they gave by 60

yeah i did that and then pressed the S->D button on my calculator to get it into standard form
Reply 70
It said the rate at 10 minutes ONLY, therefore doing change in conc over time is incorrect.
You draw a tangent to the point and calculate as normal.
Reply 71
Original post by melinalouise
that felt like a paper on enzymes I swear they were in every question, bit confusing. I got 22.5 for the ROR, but I messed up the magnification cos i did the wrong conversion:frown: For the graph question did other people get answers x10^-3?

Yep :smile: x 10^-3
Can come one pls tell me if there was a fish question?
what did people write for a statistical test?
Original post by nav5678

Yeah I did that too - divided the values they gave by 60 and wrote it down in standard form, as it was shown on the calculator. Then when I plotted the graph I put (x10^-3) in brackets next to the axis label so I only had to label the scale with numbers 0 to 4 if that makes sense.
Reply 75
Predictions on grade boundaries, it's out of 75,?
Original post by WilliamCL

there wasn't one
Reply 77
Original post by neyscar
Yeah I did that too - divided the values they gave by 60 and wrote it down in standard form, as it was shown on the calculator. Then when I plotted the graph I put (x10^-3) in brackets next to the axis label so I only had to label the scale with numbers 0 to 4 if that makes sense.

Yes!! what was the shape of your graph?
Original post by WilliamCL

There wasn't a question on the new biology spec paper 1 about fish. Must have been another paper
Original post by neyscar

i got the same 84mm= 84000um /4 =21000

Quick Reply

Latest