The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracayy
I have a question for the foundation paper

This is the higher thread, probably best finding the foundation one, if there is one.
Original post by Corporal Arse
Fs thought it said amount if female teachers I wrote 90 teachers in total but put 54 in the answer box😂😂

Haha same, I think we only lose 1 mark though.
Reply 802
when will the unofficial mark scheme be released for foundation tier?
Original post by gcseexamz
im sorry to say they will probably be higher than average
but depends on paper2

Well calculator paper is easier in my opinion and I always do about 10% better on that :smile: I was hoping for a B and now I'm praying for a C *cries in corner*
For the standard form question & Fractions what are the correct answers
Original post by junayd1998
IMG_0540.jpg Also this one as well did i do that correctly. hope i did.

Yesss, that's right
Yes, you could have also factorised it as (3x-6)(X-6) but you get the same answers
Reply 807
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

Question 20 factors are (3x-6)(x-6) i don't see how its x= +-2 ?? i got 6 and +2
Original post by Mahdihassan
For the standard form question & Fractions what are the correct answers

I think the standard form one was 7x10^8 or something but I put 7x10^3 do yuo think I will get a mark for putting 7?
Original post by willsp8
Well calculator paper is easier in my opinion and I always do about 10% better on that :smile: I was hoping for a B and now I'm praying for a C *cries in corner*

given how easy this paper was, I think the calc will be quite a bit harder.
have i lost hopes of an A* if I've lost about 11-13 marks?
90 teachers?
Original post by louisemayorx
what is the absolute highest that the grade boundaries can go for an A* out of 200?

probably 188 out of 200 is max
Reply 813
This is really helpful to find what I roughly got for my GCSE maths exam.

Thank you
What was the probability question at the end? Not the answer but the sums and numbers involved.

I completely screwed the test up - in my last mock exams I've got 95-98 every time, this time i cant even see myself getting an A*. Went horribly wrong
Last answer was 3 root 6 over 12
Original post by louisemayorx
have i lost hopes of an A* if I've lost about 11-13 marks?

You can make up the difference easily on the calc, 9th of June, you can do a lot of revision in that time :smile:
Original post by 34908seikj
It depends how many marks are on the question, you got the x10^8 correct so you might be able to pick up at least one mark.

It was out of two so probably got one. For the second part of the probability question with tree diagrams, do I get one out of the two marks if i selected the correct numbers to multiply?
What did people get for the standard form question?
And what was the method for the last question?
And the one before the last one with the like 1/X2 and the fish symbol?
What was the first question again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending