The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the 4th questions about Trypin

a) I put ribosomes as tyrpsin is a protein.

b) was weird. I put it allows control e.g. when proteins need to be hydolysed,active form kicks in so is more effieicent/ enzymes are spefific... I just put some randome ****.

c) I put peptide bond breaks

and d) I think it was a standard compt inh question right?
Reply 141
For the co transport qs i said:

Sodium ions move into the epithelial cell down a conc gradient through a co-transport protein, once in cell they move out via active transport through a carrier protein into the blood, then glucose moves in with the sodium ions but against a conc gradient and is diffused out via facilitated diffusion into blood and sodium potassium pump mains conc gradient

is this right?
Reply 142
I found it hard still, bloody tiny things on the spec coming up as 5 markers. Screw AQA
Original post by Bennyab
What else did people put for the triglyceride question about ph constant?

Were triglycerides limiting factor (what I put) or enzyme?

It makes sense either way right?

If there is no enzyme- reaction cannot occur, if there is no trig reaction cannot occur so trig is not broken down either way so ph doesn't change?
Original post by Kira Yagami
It makes sense either way right?

If there is no enzyme- reaction cannot occur, if there is no trig reaction cannot occur so trig is not broken down either way so ph doesn't change?

Yeah and I knew it could be either in the exam, but will the examiners mark both as correct?
Reply 145
Can anyone remember the competitive inhibitor questions, what was the actual question?
For the 4th questions about Trypin

a) I put ribosomes as tyrpsin is a protein.

b) was weird. I put it allows control e.g. when proteins need to be hydolysed,active form kicks in so is more effieicent/ enzymes are spefific... I just put some randome ****.

c) I put peptide bond breaks

and d) I think it was a standard compt inh question right?

I got same answers for a,c,d but I know for a fact I've got B incorrect I had no idea so wrote something like remains inactive in pancreas so ph doesn't denature it
The conclusions from the data:

(They can be written in different ways probably)

Bloating is the most severe symptom of LI

LI doesn't affect pain in stomach much because values in both were similar, nor dirahorrea.

and something else lol
Original post by Anam
For the co transport qs i said:

Sodium ions move into the epithelial cell down a conc gradient through a co-transport protein, once in cell they move out via active transport through a carrier protein into the blood, then glucose moves in with the sodium ions but against a conc gradient and is diffused out via facilitated diffusion into blood and sodium potassium pump mains conc gradient

is this right?

sorry, which question was this?
Original post by Bennyab
Yeah and I knew it could be either in the exam, but will the examiners mark both as correct?

hope so.
Original post by Bennyab
I got same answers for a,c,d but I know for a fact I've got B incorrect I had no idea so wrote something like remains inactive in pancreas so ph doesn't denature it

B was horrible though, I reckon i lost marks there too.
The conclusions from the data:

(They can be written in different ways probably)

Bloating is the most severe symptom of LI

LI doesn't affect pain in stomach much because values in both were similar, nor dirahorrea.

and something else lol

Overall, side affects more severe when drinking untreated milk
Bloating 3x more severe
Other values similar, no significant difference

3 marks?
Reply 152
Original post by Dan_321
Can anyone remember the competitive inhibitor questions, what was the actual question?

It was to do with Trypsin being activated inside the cell and how a competitive inhibitor prevents it working I think.
how did everyone find the exam today??
Original post by Bennyab
Overall, side affects more severe when drinking untreated milk
Bloating 3x more severe
Other values similar, no significant difference

3 marks?

Proabably. makes sense though.

but do you think what I said makes sense too?
Original post by Lola1244
sorry, which question was this?

The second last 5 marker
What should the people not be fed? (Lactose intolerant question)

I said they shouldn't be fed lactose.

How should they remove lactose ( I put boil the water/heat it) But don't think that's right.
Proabably. makes sense though.

but do you think what I said makes sense too?

Yes definitely
70 Ribosomes for Mitochnodria as a reason for prokaryote ? even though everyone else put double membrane!

With giving blood from those who suffered ebola, I put that it contains high proportion of antigens complentary to the antigen?

Wasn't sure on Trysin inactive, so it can't hydrolyse proteins in the pancreas, destruction or pancreas??

Enzyme question, surely the answer was that substrate was limiting, if enzyme was limiting ph would still be falling?
is someone putting together an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply