The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Just wanted to say good luck everyone, it'll be tough but we can do this, after all we've worked hard and pulled through together. Last Literature exam, time to show OCR who is boss.
Reply 181
Why is everyone doing OCR? We're doing the cambridge pre-u. FML.
Original post by K2G
Why is everyone doing OCR? We're doing the cambridge pre-u. FML.

Oh this forum it's a mixture, I would say most people are doing AQA really, is the Pre U hard?
Results day is only in 3 months time so it's alright if I fck up haha!!
welp, so thats the exam done orz PHEW
how did the exam go for everyone? i did gatsby and streetcar named desire!
Street car was easy, bloody chamber was hard
Gatsby was really nice, History Boys was fine too ☺️
Erm wasn't too bad, the last section was a bit difficult yet I managed it.
Original post by Rhythmical
Erm wasn't too bad, the last section was a bit difficult yet I managed it.

What did u write for bloody chamber
Original post by OddFuturez
What did u write for bloody chamber

Well first thing, I predicted something about fairy tales lol wow. Erm I wrote about curiosity being a recurring motif in fairy tales and how Carter and Orson explore this with a fantasy realm.
Out of curiosity I looked at the bloody chamber question, and I was like "well that person on TSR is going to be happy!" 😂

Well first thing, I predicted something about fairy tales lol wow. Erm I wrote about curiosity being a recurring motif in fairy tales and how Carter and Orson explore this with a fantasy realm.
Original post by bethysav
Out of curiosity I looked at the bloody chamber question, and I was like "well that person on TSR is going to be happy!" 😂

Haha I thought of you guys in my exam, this is literally the fourth time I've predicted a question because last exam I did the same lol.

I talked about curiosity too, and mentioned how the male figure in the passage is accorded to a weak role which is a subversion and also how the many of the tales in the bloody chamber often have strong women in a patriarch society. Haha you guessed right
I talked about curiosity too, and mentioned how the male figure in the passage is accorded to a weak role which is a subversion and also how the many of the tales in the bloody chamber often have strong women in a patriarch society. Haha you guessed right

I sure did! I also mentioned how Carter uses the quote, "Lights! Lights! "More lights!" in The Bloody Chamber as a way of eliminating the darkness, i.e the badness and how darkness represents bad omens. I also discussed mirrors being a fairy tale motif and in the Tiger's Bride, the heroine sees her father's face when she looks in the mirror, showing that women often bared the face of their father's as a sign of ownership.
(edited 7 years ago)
I sure did! I also mentioned how Carter uses the quote, "Lights! Lights! "More lights!" in The Bloody Chamber as a way of eliminating the darkness, i.e the badness and how darkness represents bad omens. I also discussed mirrors being a fairy tale motif and in the Tiger's Bride, the heroine sees her father's face when she looks in the mirror, showing that women often bared the face of their father's as a sign of ownership.

That sounds like some good stuff
That sounds like some good stuff

God lemme hope it pays off! :tongue:
So, I guess A2 lit is the next stop.
So, I guess A2 lit is the next stop.

I would imagine it would be the A2 coursework. I'm starting it next month! :smile:
I would imagine it would be the A2 coursework. I'm starting it next month! :smile:

haha yeah, what new texts are you doing ?
haha yeah, what new texts are you doing ?

I have no idea at the moment, we get to choose one of our own texts to study independently from a list by OCR. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending