The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics A Higher GCSE - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Does anyone have one/want to help me make one? I really need something to reassure me!

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by PolarisVega
Does anyone have one/want to help me make one? I really need something to reassure me!

Cheers

I made lots of silly mistakes on the paper!
Reply 2
Original post by lj42_m
I made lots of silly mistakes on the paper!

Don't worry I think I did as well, I also missed out quite a few and had to rush so i didn't even get to answer them all :frown: I normally get A*s as well, and I worked so hard so I don't know what went wrong but I'm pretty bummed about it.
Reply 3
Who remembers what question 1 was??
I had half an hour left at the end and kept checking but somehow every time I forgot to check the question on Circle Theorems and I only wrote a line or two, only realised when we had about a minute left:frown: 5 marks down the drain
Who remembers what question 1 was??

That one was the volume of the polygon- 30 x 25 or something, I think I got around 750?
Reply 6
What did you get on the last question about the area of the shaded triangle? I remember getting something like (3-sqr6)/12.
Reply 7
Original post by wildjones
I had half an hour left at the end and kept checking but somehow every time I forgot to check the question on Circle Theorems and I only wrote a line or two, only realised when we had about a minute left:frown: 5 marks down the drain

I wouldn't worry too much, I lost a good 6+ marks by not answering questions alone. As long as you wrote something and got the final answer right or did some working out right you will have got at least two marks, so a loss of only 3 isn't something you should beat yourself up about. Work hard for the calculator paper and do your best.
Reply 8
Original post by Ace2233
What did you get on the last question about the area of the shaded triangle? I remember getting something like (3-sqr6)/12.

I did a little working for this but I didn't have time to get to the answer :frown:
Reply 9
I know I got the circle theorems question and the percentage one and the activities day one and the ratio one for certain i got those so i can try to remember if anyone wants to know if they got it
I wouldn't worry too much, I lost a good 6+ marks by not answering questions alone. As long as you wrote something and got the final answer right or did some working out right you will have got at least two marks, so a loss of only 3 isn't something you should beat yourself up about. Work hard for the calculator paper and do your best.

I doubt I even got 2 marks, maybe one, but yeah I'll try not to think about it. Good luck for the calculator!

And whoever was talking about the last question on triangles, I got that badly wrong haha. Just gave up really.
What did everyone get for the question where you had to find the shaded area of the square with the circle in it?
Who did the midpoint question and what did they get?
And did anyone do the question with the inverse proportion and the table??
What did everyone get for the question where you had to find the shaded area of the square with the circle in it?

Pretty sure I got that wrong too, something like 100-25Pi and I knew it was wrong:frown:

I got -3,-2

100 - 25(pi)

I was a retard and didn't realise the radius was 5 so i put...

100-(pi)r^2

Oooh,I got two negatives and it worked when I worked backwards, either -2 -3 or -3 -2, can't remember which way haha

Yeah i put something like ... 100, 25 and 5

Oh! I had the proportionality formula as y=100/x^2 and then just subbed in the values, pretty sure the first one in the table was 100, then 25, then something else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending