The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Azarhuntttt;65201163"]
Original post by theone97

I'm sure the first question was worth 3 marks and the k=100 one with the table was worth 4

No, it was that is does not rain but does get cancelled, thus the answer was 0.04
Original post by Ronak_306
What was the first question again I forgot?

Find the volume of the shape and you had to do 30 X 25 or something
Original post by hafsa473

Question 6. A teacher is picked at random. 3/5 chance they are female. 36 are males. (3 marks)
How many teachers are there altogether?

2/5 of teachers are male. 36 are male.

2/5 of total = 36
2 x 18 = 36
18 x 2 = 90.
Answer is 90 teachers.

For this question, I thought it said how many teachers are female :zomg:
So I got 54...did anyone else make the same mistake?
Also because I mentioned 90 in my working out, do you think I'll get the mark?????? :frown:

I said how many were female :frown:
I got 0.25 - (root6/12) for the last question, I've been though it a few times and can't see a mistake so maybe that answer is wrong? Idk I might just have done something stupid.
The question for the teachers was 90 (which I'm happy about because I was unsure and got 90!) but how is 2 x 18 = 90??
Original post by Rebqqq
What where last years grade boundaries overall

last years was
A* = 155/200
A = 125/200
B = 95/200
C = 65/200
D = 35/200
E = 20/200
Guys i lost 12-15 marks, can i still get an A*
can someone post a link to the actual paper so I can see it from that perspective ...
if its even possible.
Question 21, I answered that as 0.05..? It said the chance of it raining or not is 0.95 so I assumed 1 - 0.95 is 0.05
For -a +3b could you also have -3b+a
Original post by polishboyy

I also lost about 15 marks! From past years, 84+ is an A* guaranteed! We just need to do really well in the calculator paper to secure those A*
Original post by Bernie2016
I got 0.25 - (root6/12) for the last question, I've been though it a few times and can't see a mistake so maybe that answer is wrong? Idk I might just have done something stupid.

I got this as well and my maths teacher has said this is the right answe
Original post by Bernie2016

Won't get full marks as it's not in the final form.

(3-√6)/12

All you had to do is combine the fractions.
Wait so..how did everyone find the paper as a whole? Lots of people were complaining about it
Original post by polishboyy

Probably, but it will be close. So you may get unlucky with high grade boundaries. :/
For the estimate one I did 900/19 and got 42 would that still be full marks?
does anyone have the full paper? so i can do it
Reply 917
Q25 worth 3 marks
What were the two questions where you had to use a compass , one with an angle and one with line
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bethanyjx
Wait so..how did everyone find the paper as a whole? Lots of people were complaining about it

Really easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending