The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by fuzi8n137
Nice one mate, problem is it asked for an integer, and it was 3/4 as the gradient because you got the formula wrong. It didn't ask for y=mx+c it asked for ax+by=c so keep it up

what if i only wrote 2 without working out will how much out of 3 will they give me ?

and the gradient q i did it correct but i didnt re arrange it and x it by 4 how how many mark will i get out of 4 ? thankks
Original post by zendu
idk but wasn't the question about the spheres and cube 1439

guys i got 8 for this question, pray for me
Reply 142
No.. Grade B will most likely be 44% (43-46 - I'd say). But if you look at previous years, a B has never been above 46 and this was a 'difficult' paper which may be seen as unfair for some (due to the quantity of 5 mark questions).
An A will probably be around 60 to 65% and you're probably right about an A* being 80.
Reply 143
Original post by moblox
did you have to get the sf sqroot it then cube it then use it?

meant 102.4 basically had to do 1600/2.5^3
Original post by cornflakeexpert
wtf please no

Was it harder than last years paper?
Original post by izak
pretty sure you go to the worst school in the country

You guys arguing made my day, cheers
Last year's A* was 76
Original post by TSlayerr

Judging by the fact last year was the hardest paper ever set and nothing like it will never be set again.... No
Original post by TSlayerr

maybe i am just dumb but i was predicted an a* and i found it so difficult. i reckon i got about 70% probably if I'm lucky, they really went for it with the hard questions : (
Original post by izak
meant 102.4 basically had to do 1600/2.5^3

Same here dude but that meant the volume was smaller than surface area, which isn't possible I don't think
Reply 150
what about make t the subject question?
Original post by moblox
what about make t the subject question?

apparently you had to factorise??
Reply 152
Original post by fuzi8n137
Same here dude but that meant the volume was smaller than surface area, which isn't possible I don't think

honestly cant remember the question mate but im pretty sure its right
Reply 153
Original post by FyreSix
No.. Grade B will most likely be 44% (43-46 - I'd say). But if you look at previous years, a B has never been above 46 and this was a 'difficult' paper which may be seen as unfair for some (due to the quantity of 5 mark questions).
An A will probably be around 60 to 65% and you're probably right about an A* being 80.

Nice one mate, problem is it asked for an integer, and it was 3/4 as the gradient because you got the formula wrong. It didn't ask for y=mx+c it asked for ax+by=c so keep it upwhat if i only wrote 2 without working out will how much out of 3 will they give me ?

and the gradient q i did it correct but i didnt re arrange it and x it by 4 how how many mark will i get out of 4 ? thankks
Reply 154
apparently you had to factorise??

i tried that but got some bs think i did it at the wrong stage
my stress levels are higher than edexcel were when they wrote that paper right now
Original post by FyreSix

80% for a* is so high though surely???
Reply 157
80% for a* is so high though surely???

its usually 75-80%
Original post by moblox
its usually 75-80%

true, but i think the general consensus is it was a lot harder than usual (possibly because of being the last year of the current grading system)
Reply 159
maybe i am just dumb but i was predicted an a* and i found it so difficult. i reckon i got about 70% probably if I'm lucky, they really went for it with the hard questions : (

exactly the same as me...damn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending