The Student Room Group

English literature AQA GCSE POETRY relationships

Any predictions for relationships poetry Question?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by carolinrev
Any predictions for relationships poetry Question?

Has death been asked?
'In Paris With You', 'Brothers', and 'To His Coy Mistress' has never been asked before so these could be poems that come up
Reply 3
what could be the possible themes?
also i'm not sure if brothers will because apparently it's not one that allows A* students to get A*'s but that's what i've heard anyway????
Original post by lizzycb
what could be the possible themes?
also i'm not sure if brothers will because apparently it's not one that allows A* students to get A*'s but that's what i've heard anyway????

I think brothers is an absolutely rubbish one to analyse, there's nothing there! I have also heard people at my school say it might be to his coy mistress
Reply 5
Original post by georginarowley
I think brothers is an absolutely rubbish one to analyse, there's nothing there! I have also heard people at my school say it might be to his coy mistress

Yh i think that one is most likely to but if In paris with you hasn't i might like analyse both of them and think about how i would compare them because then if one comes up I know what to write and I can just compare them either way??
Reply 6

brothers will be hard apparently praise song for my mother has not come up yet, thats what they have been saying in my school
Reply 7
Original post by carolinrev
brothers will be hard apparently praise song for my mother has not come up yet, thats what they have been saying in my school

Oh yeah i should look at that one too, thanks!! :smile:
Reply 8
Has anyone got any tips for unseen poetry idk what to write for it?
You know the same ones may also come up right?
Original post by lizzycb
Yh i think that one is most likely to but if In paris with you hasn't i might like analyse both of them and think about how i would compare them because then if one comes up I know what to write and I can just compare them either way??

Yeah go for it! I'll be really happy if to his coy mistress or in paris with you comes up.
(sorry if I sounded grouchy, I didn't mean to! :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah go for it! I'll be really happy if to his coy mistress or in paris with you comes up.
(sorry if I sounded grouchy, I didn't mean to! :smile:

no that's ok, thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by hafsa473
You know the same ones may also come up right?

do you think they're more likely to repeat one then??
Original post by lizzycb
do you think they're more likely to repeat one then??

they did that with the manhunt and the farmers bride which came up twice
How do you revise for poetry !!!???
Reply 15
Original post by hafsa473
they did that with the manhunt and the farmers bride which came up twice

oh yeah, but tbf it's the last year for this isn't it? maybe?? so they might not. I wouldn't mind the manhunt tho
Reply 16
Original post by daisymay1206
How do you revise for poetry !!!???

I dunno really, I just chose good quotes in some poems i could use and then use them in the exam ahaha. how do you revise?
Original post by lizzycb
I dunno really, I just chose good quotes in some poems i could use and then use them in the exam ahaha. how do you revise?

Well, i've decided I'm going to start revising now, only 15 hours to go :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by daisymay1206
Well, i've decided I'm going to start revising now, only 15 hours to go :smile:

hahaha yeah i sat at my desk all day saying i was going to but ended up watching 2 films and i started an hour ago. this always happens to me!
I just do practice papers and watch videos like Mr. Bruff ony youtube is really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending