The Student Room Group

WJEC Level 2 Latin Language 26/05/16

Latin language tomorrow, anyone else doing the same paper? How are you feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Okay, I know the vocab and tenses, just about...what about you?
Reply 2
How did it go?
Reply 3
Original post by 4475039
How did it go?

Alright, first comprehension was good and second was meh, and the translations seemed pretty easy apart from the last sentence on the second one. What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by wildjones
Alright, first comprehension was good and second was meh, and the translations seemed pretty easy apart from the last sentence on the second one. What about you?

Pretty good too, I just got a bit confused on the one about what the messenger said to them! Overall though quite a nice, typical exam being about armies and a king and stuff!
Reply 5
Original post by 4475039
Pretty good too, I just got a bit confused on the one about what the messenger said to them! Overall though quite a nice, typical exam being about armies and a king and stuff!

Yeah, that was so many marks for something so little:s-smilie: what did you put? I wrote that he said something about the Trojans in the camp being in danger. That was one I really didn't get haha. It was a nice exam though for sure.
Reply 6
Yeah, that was so many marks for something so little:s-smilie: what did you put? I wrote that he said something about the Trojans in the camp being in danger. That was one I really didn't get haha. It was a nice exam though for sure.

I think I put something about him telling them about the dangers the Trojans faced in the camp or something haha! I had never come across that one word before though - I think it was relico or something like that, I can't remember haha! But yeah a pretty nice exam overall!
Reply 7
Original post by 4475039
I think I put something about him telling them about the dangers the Trojans faced in the camp or something haha! I had never come across that one word before though - I think it was relico or something like that, I can't remember haha! But yeah a pretty nice exam overall!

Yes! I swear that word came up like three times and I had no idea what it meant haha. Good luck with the results!
Reply 8
I sat the exam, it was actually really generous, compared to a few of them from the last couple of years. There was some guesswork involved though! What did you guys get for the word that derives from 'novam'?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Yes! I swear that word came up like three times and I had no idea what it meant haha. Good luck with the results!

Cheers you too! Let me know what you got!
Reply 10
Original post by Khanna13
I sat the exam, it was actually really generous, compared to a few of them from the last couple of years. There was some guesswork involved though! What did you guys get for the word that derives from 'novam'?

Oh my goodness I had to leave that question and come back to it at the end so I could think :biggrin:
In the end I just wrote novelty - no idea if it's correct though! Wbu? Thinking about it now maybe you could have put novice too or something!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by 4475039
Oh my goodness I had to leave that question and come back to it at the end so I could think :biggrin:
In the end I just wrote novelty - no idea if it's correct though! Wbu?

I did as well! A few of my friends put novice though
Reply 12
I did as well! A few of my friends put novice though

yay! haha! Let's hope we're correct! It was quite a hard one though - it certainly took some thinking!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 4475039
In the end I just wrote novelty - no idea if it's correct though! Wbu? Thinking about it now maybe you could have put novice too or something!

Same here! I couldn't answer that at all, it was the only question I left... Novice! Ah, of course. Damnit, I feel stupid now lol... I had someone put supernova; I'm not so sure about that one. Another friend did write novelty though.
Reply 14
Same here! I couldn't answer that at all, it was the only question I left... Novice! Ah, of course. Damnit, I feel stupid now lol... I had someone put supernova; I'm not so sure about that one. Another friend did write novelty though.

Yeah! It's the derivation questions that I always leave till last because normally I just go blank. It's only one mark though I think so it shouldn't matter too much!
I worry deeply about the civilisation paper lol. We haven't done an ounce of work on it so far this year... Thank god for half term!
Reply 16
I worry deeply about the civilisation paper lol. We haven't done an ounce of work on it so far this year... Thank god for half term!

Haha! I'm doing the additional language paper rather than civilisation.
Aw, man! That's fortunate - I'd much prefer that, I think.
Reply 18
Aw, man! That's fortunate - I'd much prefer that, I think.

Haha! Good luck!
Ahah, you too, man :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending