The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone remember the upper bound X coordinate for the 7b integration question?
Original post by 10moorej
Does anyone remember the upper bound X coordinate for the 7b integration question?

I think it was 9, I think the answer was 243/10 or 24.3
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi I think there's a mistake in this on question 1c... The difference is definitely not 256 haha. It looks like just an oversight, accidentally putting the answer from 1B there
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by polkadotapples
Hi I think there's a mistake in this on question 1c... The difference is definitely not 256 haha. It looks like just an oversight, accidentally putting the answer from 1B there

Yh I didn't make it but I realised. I think it should be 1.602?
Yeah I just checked it and that's right :smile: (hopefully)
for the log question, how many marks out of 4 would i get if make y=2x and gettting 1.38 as the final answer.
y^7=7y
y^6=7
y=1.38
Reply 587
Original post by JAFF2400
This video really sums up the C2 exam...

That was absolutely hilarious!!
Reply 588
Original post by DreadPirateArsey
Here's my unofficial mark scheme, with the actual questions.

Wow, fantastic! Thanks so much :smile:
That markscheme has actually given me confidence.
Original post by DW4
That was absolutely hilarious!!

Thank you so much means a lot! I'm glad you liked it :smile:
Original post by Darkseid1234
Did anyone else get P is 66? How are people getting 120?

Original post by discuss
how did people find the upper bound needed to find the area of s ?

Original post by 10moorej

Model solutions here.
Original post by JAFF2400
Thank you so much means a lot! I'm glad you liked it :smile:

how the hell was 9 the upper limit . i substituted 0 into the equation and got 4 ?
Original post by Bhaiyattt
The curve touched the X axis at two points. One of them was 0 and the other one, to find out what it was you needed to sub in y = 0 into the equation which would give you a value for x

When you differentiated the equation, and made it equal to 0, you get an answer of X = 16.63. If you sub that value of X back into the equation for P, you get an answer of P = 120

u don't have to make y=0 bec they already give you the x-axis which is 0,4

and event if you make y=0 the answer will be the same 4 by using the log concept
Original post by tarek888
u don't have to make y=0 bec they already give you the x-axis which is 0,4

and event if you make y=0 the answer will be the same 4 by using the log concept

What?image.png
I'd say A will be 62. There were a LOT of hurdles here for some people and the last question was incredibly discriminating (although I loved it personally). It was easier than the 2014 June paper but on par with the June 2013 paper so 62 seems apt.
Guys help me reach 300 views on my C2 video! Would really appreciate it if you shared it with your friends because i can guarantee you that it will make you laugh, if you don't laugh you can sue me!
Original post by Bhaiyattt
What?image.png

Could you share a copy of that ms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending