The Student Room Group

Mathematics CCEA T4 - 26/05/16

Opinions on the T4 paper today?

Personally, I found it okay, however, the majority of my year found it challenging. What are your predictions for the grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PatrickOC
Opinions on the T4 paper today?

Personally, I found it okay, however, the majority of my year found it challenging. What are your predictions for the grade boundaries?

I found it hard, compared to previous past papers and that last question was awful in my opinion. I had no clue and I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly bad at maths - I'm doing the further maths papers next month!
I did the T3 paper and it was okay. I made a few silly mistakes but I think I got around 90 hopefully. I'm also doing the further maths paper 1 next year. Did you get the six mark on the triangles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I did the T3 paper and it was okay. I made a few silly mistakes but I think I got around 90 hopefully. I'm also doing the further maths paper 1 next year. Did you get the six mark on the triangles

Posted from TSR Mobile

The second question? I got a pretty feasible answer, hopefully didn't make a mistake on it lmao
I got 3.1 or something like that. I also messed up the bounds questions about the weight of coffee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by caitlin121
The second question? I got a pretty feasible answer, hopefully didn't make a mistake on it lmao

For the second question, I got CD to be 3.13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PatrickOC
For the second question, I got CD to be 3.13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't remember what I got exactly, but it was definitely 3. something :smile:
I got 3.1 or something like that. I also messed up the bounds questions about the weight of coffee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I left the circle theorem question blank :frown: 5 marks gone straight away
I'm sure you'll be fine. I meant to say earlier that my further maths unit 1 is next month.. How are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you'll be fine. I meant to say earlier that my further maths unit 1 is next month.. How are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very nervous, hoping it won't be too bad. What about you?
I just want it to be okay as well. It's my last exam so I know I'm not Going to be motivated. What other exams have you got left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want it to be okay as well. It's my last exam so I know I'm not Going to be motivated. What other exams have you got left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

English, Re, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and geography :eek:
Reply 12
I'm predicting the grade boundaries will be as follows for t4:

A* - 68-70
A - 52-53
B - 38-40
C - 26-28

These are based on the previous years and the paper today in comparison with it‼️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww. Are you doing double award science? I'm dreading the unit 1 English next Wednesday.. I'm so bad with time management and never do good in the multimodal text! I did geography unit 1 on Tuesday and loved it- did you? Good luck for the rest of your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get one of your answers on simplifying to be in and around ( -1(3b-4a)/(a-2) )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww. Are you doing double award science? I'm dreading the unit 1 English next Wednesday.. I'm so bad with time management and never do good in the multimodal text! I did geography unit 1 on Tuesday and loved it- did you? Good luck for the rest of your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, all three sciences separately :s-smilie: what was I thinking in year 10? I actually did unit 1 of geography last year - its the one exam my school lets you do in year 11. I'm dreading english lit tomorrow more than I'm dreading english language, I'm not prepared at all for Heaney and Hardy. Good luck to you too, I hope you get the grades you want :smile:
Yeah at the start of the year I was thinking... Aim for A*s and now I'm just thinking.. Scrape an A and then I'm ok. For biology especially, it was so hard and just prepare for lots of writing and interpreting questions. I didn't realise there was English literature Tomorrow- glad I didn't choose it. Sounds hard but I think you can do it! Believe in yourself!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah at the start of the year I was thinking... Aim for A*s and now I'm just thinking.. Scrape an A and then I'm ok. For biology especially, it was so hard and just prepare for lots of writing and interpreting questions. I didn't realise there was English literature Tomorrow- glad I didn't choose it. Sounds hard but I think you can do it! Believe in yourself!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally me, I'm so done with gcses at the moment, if I get the majority As and A*s I'll be content. You should come with me to my english lit, I need motivation :tongue:
Original post by caitlin121
Literally me, I'm so done with gcses at the moment, if I get the majority As and A*s I'll be content. You should come with me to my english lit, I need motivation :tongue:

Eng lit will be abs brutal for timing
I must be the only person in my school who found the T4 paper okay which panics me because I've prob messed it all up :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest