The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
Yes, as the fraction is in it's simplest form.

Hip-pip Hooray!
Reply 1101

Very helpful! But question 2 part b is 1 too high... :redface: And I believe I got 99 (I don't dare say 100)
(edited 7 years ago)
I simplified 100-25pii to 25-5pi is that still full marks??
Original post by bethanyjx
has everyone seen the full mark scheme yet? it's up with scanned photos of the questions & method too so all this debating can stop Hah

Nice one. Where is this please?
can you explain question 8
Original post by archiiii
Did not get the last step after 2/5=36 what happened can u slove it step by step

40% of the workers are male, so 40% = 36 teachers
therefore 10% = 9 workers
100% = 90 workers
For the graph one, I put both x and y values. Will I still get the marks???
Original post by 11ahf
Very helpful! But question 2 part b is 1 too high... :redface:

Doesn't really matter though, it's unofficial if you turned it 90 degrees anti-clockwise to way for you to get that question wrong, well, unless you're him.
Original post by Ace2233
If I remember correctly question 9 was something like find a formula for the total envelops T in terms of x and y. I got something like 5x+20y.

T= 5x + 20y, your right.
Original post by J____Rowe
can you explain question 8

The probability of getting L is 16/80 which can be simplified down to 1/5 or 0.2

300 x 0.2 = 60.
I counted up all my marks on a worked through paper and I got 85 (if I was unsure of my answer I counted it as 0). I need an A* or I will have to do it next year (taking it a year early). Do you think this will be enough for an A* if I do similarly well in the calc?
Original post by Mo128
Is it okay that i wrote 100TT cm^2 - TT25 cm^2 instead of 100TT cm^2 -25 TTcm^2

Why did you put 100π?
Reply 1112
Original post by mathsgcse16
I counted up all my marks on a worked through paper and I got 85 (if I was unsure of my answer I counted it as 0). I need an A* or I will have to do it next year (taking it a year early). Do you think this will be enough for an A* if I do similarly well in the calc?

I'm fairly sure 85 will be an A* in that exam considering last year's grade boundary was 78.
Original post by GKT
Brilliant coz I started panicking thinking aww i didn't answer all the questions. I noticethough that some questions on the higher are similar to the found one?

This is usually the case.
According to the worked solutions i think i got 94. At least i hope so.
Original post by England3647
What did you get for the solving equation question? Something starting with xsquared = .....

i think i got 6
Original post by bethanyjx
A link to a full mark scheme was posted

Can you link me to this please?
Original post by HateOCR
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100

Worst case scenario: 86/100.
Best case: 94-95/100.
YES i got 80 and am aiming for an A, I might be able to get an A* overall but i dont wanna get too carried away
Art gallery was 11
She didn't have enough varnish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending