The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by CrazyFool229
Might have been two marks - One for identifying the correct test and one for the justification? Can't really remember!

Actually I remember, surprisingy it was a one marker.
Original post by liziepie
I put that the extra thing before the fatty acid changed it's shape so it won't be complementary to the enzyme anymore, so no ES complexes would form.

Same! 😀
What did everyone put for the uses of hydrolysis of ATP
Original post by SANTR
Yes 10 cm^3 of water. How many marks was it?
I didn't mention the part about 90cm^3 of inhibitor :frown:

Wasnt it 90 of water because it only wanted 1000 of 10000 so it was 100 divided by 10 for the concentration one
Original post by SANTR

Was it two marks? No idea. And someone else on the page before wrote an answer opposite to mine - No idea who is right.
I found the paper ok-ish. What annoyed me is how a lot of topics weren't on it. Lets hope the next paper is better.
Original post by SANTR

I put 10 of inhibitor 90 water
Original post by laney1999
10cm^3 inhibitor to 90cm^3 distilled water
think I put that too, can't even remember aha
Original post by sharmonraja
What did everyone put for the uses ofh ydrolysis of ATP

Phosphorylation and active transport
Original post by Luchamb
Phosphorylation and active transport

Active transport and needed for respiration
10 inhibitor and 90 water is correct. I just got confused when I made my other post on it - Sorry for the confusion
Original post by laney1999
Active transport and needed for respiration

I think active transport was correct! But respiration makes ATP it isn't used in respiration so i put about how atp is also used in synthesis of molecules such as proteins in ribosomes
for the question on Alzheimer's and it said why can it fit 2 active sites I said because antigen variability😂, was such a hard paper, what did everyone get for the ror at 10c I got 11
Original post by Hbassett26
I think active transport was correct! But respiration makes ATP it isn't used in respiration so i put about how atp is also used in synthesis of molecules such as proteins in ribosomes

I said active transport and movement (ATP energy needed in muscle tissues), is that correct?
Original post by lilyjacks
for the question on Alzheimer's and it said why can it fit 2 active sites I said because antigen variability😂, was such a hard paper, what did everyone get for the ror at 10c I got 11

Think I got 14.5 really depended on the tangent you drew so the exam board usually has quite a big range for what they'll allow you

I said that the protein has two regions on it which is complementary to each enzyme
Original post by sharmonraja
I said active transport and movement (ATP energy needed in muscle tissues), is that correct?

Yeah pretty sure that's ok

I put down that they could have similar shaped active sites because only the secondary structure was affected as the only thing different was the fact one was Alpha and one was Beta, so the tertiary structure could be the same so it could be a similar 3D Shape for both.
Original post by SANTR

I put 10cm3 of the inhibitor and 90cm3 of water to make 100cm3 of the inhibitor with a concentration of 1000 nmol dm-3. Because they started with 10000, so 10000 x 0.1 (90%) = 1000 and therefore you put 90cm3 of water - not the inhibitor. If you do it the other way round you are diluting it by 10% to get 9000 rather than by 90% to get 1000. I think thats right anyway... my maths sucks tbh
Original post by CrazyFool229
I believe it does - I just realised I got that one wrong!

Bacteria has a plasmid and free floating DNA
Viruses have mRNA and Reverse Transcriptase

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending