The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship and then Uni?

If I study an apprenticeship and decide to then continue onto university would I be able to choose any course or would the uni course have to be related to my apprenticeship? Just wondering :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by aa7861
If I study an apprenticeship and decide to then continue onto university would I be able to choose any course or would the uni course have to be related to my apprenticeship? Just wondering :smile:

Hey aa7861, I just moved your thread from Advice on Everyday Issues to our Applications and UCAS forum in the hope you get can get better replies here :smile:
Original post by aa7861

It depends what qualifications the apprencticeship was to give you, in some cases apprenticeships give you NVQs in which case you may have to do a foundation year but some give you a btec which can be used for entry for lots of different things :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by aa7861

It depends on what you want to study, and what other qualifications you have. If you already have A Levels then they will mean you're eligible for many degrees anyway. If not, you'd probably need to stick to a similar area - a science degree will need science qualifications, so a business apprenticeship wouldn't be acceptable, for example. But with a business apprenticeship you might be able to study English if you've written essays as part of the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending