The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samm98
For the envelope question on writing down T as a formula which was T=5X+20Y i actually wrote that then put a line through it and cancelled it down to T=X+5Y. Does anyone know if I still get any marks or not?

You couldn't cancel in that question, only simplify so if you wrong t=x+5y and not t=5(x+4y) then you would be wrong. probably 1 mark.
Original post by benmorris6
The teacher question... I'm quite sure the question asked how many male teachers there are; not the total number of teachers?
The only question I really struggled with was Q9... What the hell were we meant to do there?

I think it did say he total, not just the males
Original post by Sum Ting
for question 24 (table of values) i managed to get all the values correct but had no working outs- how many marks would i get??

Full marks, as long as you complete the table you should get it.

it was 4 marks, so worst case scenario you'll get 3 for not showing the constant was 100.
Could the question with the answer T=5x+20y be factorised further to give simplest form of T=5(x+4y)?
for the last part of the vectors question about point S, i put that it was also 3:1 on the line OT (or something like that) and said the lines were the same. Could i get at least 1 mark for that?
I think I got 67 anyone know what the grade boundaries are most likely going to be?
Reply 1166
What did the vectors question look like again?
Original post by samm98
For the envelope question on writing down T as a formula which was T=5X+20Y i actually wrote that then put a line through it and cancelled it down to T=X+5Y. Does anyone know if I still get any marks or not?

You might be given a BOD mark which means benefit of doubt..if they can see you had the right answer (eg. ONE simple line through it, making it still readable) then some lenient examiners would give you marks
Original post by 34908seikj
You couldn't cancel in that question, only simplify so if you wrong t=x+5y and not t=5(x+4y) then you would be wrong. probably 1 mark.

Ergh. That is so frustrating because I wrote that twice before crossing it out and cancelling it. Yeah hopefully I can still get 1 mark for them seeing how I did it haha. Thanks.
Original post by Newlandraven
Could the question with the answer T=5x+20y be factorised further to give simplest form of T=5(x+4y)?

Yes.
I think I got around 84..I was really really hoping for an A* so let's hope this next paper is promising :-)
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I'll create a foundation one here too.

Is there a link to it> Or have u not started to create it yet??
Original post by bethanyjx
You might be given a BOD mark which means benefit of doubt..if they can see you had the right answer (eg. ONE simple line through it, making it still readable) then some lenient examiners would give you marks

Yes I've heard about BOD. I only put one line through the answer so fingers crossed, haha!
****in hell. marked what i thought i got. am generous marker. got 52. so take anywhere 10-20 marks f and it is right. couldnt see some of the marks for each question so i guessed them
Do i have to show any workings for the T = 5x + 20y question or do i get full marks for just putting the answer?
Original post by HateOCR
last years was
A* = 155/200
A = 125/200
B = 95/200
C = 65/200
D = 35/200
E = 20/200
If the next exam is hard:
A* - 157/200
A - 128/200
B - 94/200
C - 66/200
IF the next exam is EASY then it would be:
A* - 160/200
A - 129/200
B - 98/200
C - 69/200

So if i got 85 marks on this paper, will i only need a minimum of around 75/76 to get an A* in the next paper?
What do you think the grade boundaries for A& A* might be? They'll be quite high as it was easier right?
Original post by Tyson12302
Do i have to show any workings for the T = 5x + 20y question or do i get full marks for just putting the answer?

No workings needed for it.
Original post by xJARSx
120% of 30

The question said the rent was raised by 20% from 30% so you had to find 20% of 30% which is 6%. You thenn add the 6 back onto the original 30 to get 36%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending