The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by WhiteX
when the mark scheme will be available ?
I don't know but hopefully soon!
Reply 221
Original post by cornflakeexpert
80%o for a* is so high though surely???

I agree, it was a slightly unfair paper due to the amount of 5/6 markers - it may be lower but I don't believe it will be too much lower. I'm predicting it'll be about 78-80.
Original post by Lewis.I
Me being me,
I put -3x+4y=-19 which is still right but hoping for the oe to be on the mark scheme!

Same here mate. Pretty sure that'll be full marks, would be super harsh if that wasnt on the mark scheme
Original post by izak
thats how they filter the best from the rest though

i am the rest
Grade boundaries anyone? So wanted an A but messed up all the questions with 4/5/6 marks :banghead::afraid::confused:
Original post by WhiteX
it was 5 mark i divided it to 3 triangles i did the first one and i didnt do the others so i might get 1 mark of 0

aa thank u!!good luck
nah sorry mate if it's only a 1 mark question then you can only get 1 or 0 marks but if it's put of 2 or more, you certainly will get marks for working
Reply 227
Original post by Spinal tap
Same here mate. Pretty sure that'll be full marks, would be super harsh if that wasnt on the mark scheme

what about if i only wrote y=3/4x-4.5 with corret working out but i didnt re arrange it and times it by 4

how many mark will i get out 4 or 5 i dont remember the total
How many marks was question about spheres???
Original post by WhiteX
what about if i only wrote y=3/4x-4.5 with corret working out but i didnt re arrange it and times it by 4

how many mark will i get out 4 or 5 i dont remember the total

that would be -1 or 2 at most because you got the base equation right
Reply 230
Original post by jonny2402
nah sorry mate if it's only a 1 mark question then you can only get 1 or 0 marks but if it's put of 2 or more, you certainly will get marks for working

it was 6 mark q not 5 so if you did the area of firt triangle you should get 2 i think
Reply 231

ok was this q 5 or 4 mark ?
Reply 232

Original post by WhiteX

4 marks I think
Reply 234
How many marks was question about spheres???

5 marks
Guys what was question 10? im afraid i missed it because i dont remember any answer of 10.7...
Original post by IGCSETANK
You were given 4.5cm which you have to convert to MM via the multiplication of 10, giving you 45cm.
The upper bound value of 45 is 45.5, hence you have 45.5MM
Divide this by your MM value, which was 3. This needs to be a lower bound to produce a maximum value and so you should divide by 2.5MM ( question stated 3MM to nearest MILIMETRE).
This would have given you 18

Thats wrong, finding the upper bound and lower bound is correct but you do not just divide 45.5 by 2.5... that wouldn't be a question 20 more like a question 5. You have to find the upper bound volume of the cube and then divide that by the lower bound volume of the sphere. which is 45.5 cubed divided by 4 over 3 pi 2.5 cubed. which gives you 1439 rounded to the nearest whole number.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abodee1
Guys what was question 10? im afraid i missed it because i dont remember any answer of 10.7...

OHH YEH it was the triangle... nvm I didnot miss it
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks. Do you remember how many questions there were?

25 questions overall. The tree diagram one was 0.04 or 4%!
Reply 239
Original post by Abodee1
OHH YEH it was the triangle... nvm I didnot miss it

what did you get for cf graph ? i got for a 18 and b 20 u ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending