The Student Room Group

I feel like I've failed maths.

There were at least 3 questions on the paper which I struggled on and I can't seem to feel content with what I've done. I've been revising since February and have been getting As and A*s in every single past paper that I've done since March/April time. Another thing is that most people found it easy (especially people who hadn't revised much) which makes me feel stupid since I've tried really hard and have a good understanding of maths. Maths isn't just another exam for me; I need to do A level maths so I need an A as without A level maths I have no chance of doing a physics degree at Warwick (I'm really good at physics though).
Which exam board are you on? And don't let one exam let you become pessimistic.. You still have the calculator paper to look forward to bump your grade up
Reply 2
Original post by ElaArslan
Which exam board are you on? And don't let one exam let you become pessimistic.. You still have the calculator paper to look forward to bump your grade up

Edexcel. The problem is that I don't want a difficult paper like that one to come up for the calculator exam.
Original post by AxSirlotl
Edexcel. The problem is that I don't want a difficult paper like that one to come up for the calculator exam.

I see. You have around two weeks before that exam, along with other ones I know, but do try to make it a priority if you want to do A Level Maths. You might wanna revise it everyday, whether it's an hour or two but don't jeopardise other subjects. Include them aswell:smile: and always have breaks!! Don't stress yourself out.
Original post by AxSirlotl
There were at least 3 questions on the paper which I struggled on and I can't seem to feel content with what I've done. I've been revising since February and have been getting As and A*s in every single past paper that I've done since March/April time. Another thing is that most people found it easy (especially people who hadn't revised much) which makes me feel stupid since I've tried really hard and have a good understanding of maths. Maths isn't just another exam for me; I need to do A level maths so I need an A as without A level maths I have no chance of doing a physics degree at Warwick (I'm really good at physics though).

me too man
I don't know about you, but for me, with my calculator I felt naked doing this exam.
even if you feel you've done badly in this exam, there's still the second one to boost up your grade
Reply 5
Original post by ElaArslan
I see. You have around two weeks before that exam, along with other ones I know, but do try to make it a priority if you want to do A Level Maths. You might wanna revise it everyday, whether it's an hour or two but don't jeopardise other subjects. Include them aswell:smile: and always have breaks!! Don't stress yourself out.

I do plan to prioritise maths again. I worked on it really hard then toned it down to focus on my other exams. I've tried so hard but I still struggled on the paper which annoys me. Anyway I normally feel better the day after but I'll just wait and see. I normally do better on the calculator paper so I should do well. Thanks and good luck if you're doing any exams :smile:
Reply 6
I'd been getting straight As since December yet found this paper ridiculously difficult - perhaps partially to do with panic. The majority of my peers have said to have felt the same way, and they're predicted As/A*s. I wouldn't listen to the feedback of others as chances are they've got false confidence. Please don't let this get to you too much, if you don't get the grade you need - though I'm sure you will - there are other means of achieving it (e.g. resit), if need be. Just focus on the remainder of the exams for now, best of luck!! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by kaffers
I'd been getting straight As since December yet found this paper ridiculously difficult - perhaps partially to do with panic. The majority of my peers have said to have felt the same way, and they're predicted As/A*s. I wouldn't listen to the feedback of others as chances are they've got false confidence. Please don't let this get to you too much, if you don't get the grade you need - though I'm sure you will - there are other means of achieving it (e.g. resit), if need be. Just focus on the remainder of the exams for now, best of luck!! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'm glad to know that I'm not really the only one with high targets who found it hard.
Also, usually, you may think youve done terrible, but then still come out with a decent grade.

The grade boundaries will probably be low because it was a hard paper! So thats good!

And remember we got the calculator coming up, so thats a chance to 'redeem' yourself if need be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending