The Student Room Group

Is BCC terrible AS grades?

Honestly, I know there's no A's in that, but do I stand a good chance of being predicted 3 B's with those if they're solid C's?
Depends on what your teachers view. If they're high C's and your teachers believe that you can achieve B's then they can choose to give you a higher predicted grade.
Reply 2
yeah usually predictions are one above your actual grade
so if you get BCC
you should be predicted ABB
Original post by z33
yeah usually predictions are one above your actual grade
so if you get BCC
you should be predicted ABB

That sounds like that's what your college does. It's what teachers think you can achieve.
Yeah I'm sure you could be predicted ABB with those grades
Original post by Vikingninja
That sounds like that's what your college does. It's what teachers think you can achieve.

Yeah I think that's what they do, and I'm hard working always give in my homework etc, so I hope so :smile:
Reply 6

Nope I thought that was the general thing
my college are *******s and predicted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T
Original post by z33
my college are *******s and predicted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T

That agrees with what I'm saying except for the part about it being specific to your college.
Original post by z33
my college are *******s and icted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T

Did you not ask them to predict you a grade higher? That's what I'm going to do anyway, and if they refuse I'll just get my parents to write a letter, because none of my AS levels count towards the actual a level ( they're linear now) so I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict me one grade above, like yeah fair enough 2 above is unreasonable but I know myself and I can defo go up 1 grade in a year
Depends on what your teachers view. If they're high C's and your teachers believe that you can achieve B's then they can choose to give you a higher predicted grade.
fair enough, but my AS grades don't count towards the real 'A level' as they're now linear, so regardless of whether it's a low or high C it won't affect next years grade, so is it reasonable that I ask anyway to be predicted above that grade because I'm sure anyone can go 1 grade above with hard work, e.g at my college when we got our mocks results, all or teachers said that the expectation was that we went up one grade and that was only within 3 months if we worked hard
Reply 10
Original post by ambermariemorgan
Did you not ask them to predict you a grade higher? That's what I'm going to do anyway, and if they refuse I'll just get my parents to write a letter, because none of my AS levels count towards the actual a level ( they're linear now) so I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict me one grade above, like yeah fair enough 2 above is unreasonable but I know myself and I can defo go up 1 grade in a year

i did they refused obv - so I didn't apply to uni and am taking a gap yearrrrrrr
but still try!
good luck!
Take a gap year and apply to university with your actual achieved A2 grades, then you won't have to worry about putting in your predicted grades (whether they be low or high) onto UCAS.
Original post by z33
i did they refused obv - so I didn't apply to uni and am taking a gap yearrrrrrr
but still try!
good luck!

That's so unfair!! Yeah idk my college is pretty lenient I'm just gonna suck up to all my teachers after half term so they know how hard working I am

Quick Reply

Latest