The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackBurcombe
25 questions overall. The tree diagram one was 0.04 or 4%!

What tree diagram are you talking about? the probability question didnot have a tree diagram.
Original post by JackBurcombe
25 questions overall. The tree diagram one was 0.04 or 4%!

tree diagram was 5% as it was 5 marks
Reply 242
Original post by Abodee1
OHH YEH it was the triangle... nvm I didnot miss it

what did you get for cf graph ? i got for a 18 and b 20 u ?
for the 2nd loci question can someone post a photo of how it would've looked like and do you think that edexcel will accept (for the last 2 questionnaire questions) no units and for the last one not representative of the whole population or do you think they'll be greedy as they always are.
Reply 244
Original post by WhiteX
umm you find the area circle and the area of trap then - the area of circle from the area of trap youll find the area of shaded

I know that but what was the specific answer to that question or its number
Reply 245
Original post by _Xenon_
I know that but what was the specific answer to that question or its number

the Radius of the circle was 2.5

and i dont remember the width and lenght of the rectangle do anyone know?????????
How many marks was the probability question worth? I got 2/7 as my answer as I forgot to do the (2,2,2) combination.
I think I got all the questions right apart from that one.
Original post by HoodAndEducated
for the 2nd loci question can someone post a photo of how it would've looked like and do you think that edexcel will accept (for the last 2 questionnaire questions) no units and for the last one not representative of the whole population or do you think they'll be greedy as they always are.

was that a question???
Original post by WhiteX
what did you get for cf graph ? i got for a 18 and b 20 u ?

I dont really remember but I'm pretty sure my method was correct.
For the pentagon I just divided it into 3 triangles. Used 1/2absinC for the area of the two outer triangles. Used cosine rule to get the length of one of the sides of the middle triangle. Then split the middle triangle in half to get a right angled triangle and halved the 13 cm into 6.5cm. Used Pythagoras to get the height of the overall middle triangle. 1/2 times base (13cm) times height (I worked out the height using Pythagoras theorem earlier). Then added the areas of the 3 triangles together and got the total area of the pentagon: 188cm which I presume is right because the majority of people are saying it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 250

Hi this is the IGCSE exam. I think you may be referring to the edexcel GCSE exam? If so there is another thread discussing that and plus an unofficial mark scheme.
I swear that for the cube question, it was 4.75cm for the upper bound for each cube length and then it was 2.5mm radius for the lower bound of the spehre and then 4.75 into mm= 475. And because the radius of the sphere was 2.5, the diameter was 5mm. So in one line of spheres going up the metal cube there would have been 475/5= 95 and then you do 95 cubed to get the number of spheres which is 867,375 because you can't use the whole cube to make spheres because they have don't fit perfectly into a cube and there will be wasted space
Original post by cornflakeexpert
my bad this is igcse edexcel not normal.
(edited 7 years ago)
For the spheres question, wasn't the right answer 1637? On the other thread, someone attached their correct workings for that particular question.
my memory is a bit poor but i think the question was whats wrong with this question and the other one is what is wrong with asking only is maths class

that was definitely not on the IGCSE
Original post by sgsb0y
For the pentagon I just divided it into 3 triangles. Used 1/2absinC for the area of the two outer triangles. Used cosine rule to get the length of one of the sides of the middle triangle. Then split the middle triangle in half to get a right angled triangle and halved the 13 cm into 6.5cm. Used Pythagoras to get the height of the overall middle triangle. 1/2 times base (13cm) times height (I worked out the height using Pythagoras theorem earlier). Then added the areas of the 3 triangles together and got the total area of the pentagon: 188cm which I presume is right because the majority of people are saying it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 188 too but i used the cosine rule twice to find the area of the middle triangle.
I was so confused on some of the last questions- the pentagon one, the metal spheres one and I also completely forgot how to do that volume of similar shapes stuff. I hope the grade boundaries are low as for all exams.
Reply 258
Original post by Abodee1
I got 188 too but i used the cosine rule twice to find the area of the middle triangle.

what did you use for the triangle q invers sine or invers tan ?
Reply 259
Original post by niv1234
I was so confused on some of the last questions- the pentagon one, the metal spheres one and I also completely forgot how to do that volume of similar shapes stuff. I hope the grade boundaries are low as for all exams.

what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ?

Quick Reply

Latest