The Student Room Group

Brexiters - Give me three reasons...

Had an argument with one of my teachers earlier about this.

I asked him to give me a reason as to why anyone should vote to leave the EU; his reply "Social security because of less immigrants"

Is this seriously all the leave campaign has? Its literally all i hear the same old "less immigrants more jobs"

I find it amusing as the majority of the people who want out are the usual racist, unemployed and uneducated morons, without an actual clue as to what a leave vote would mean.

So apart from the usual "immigrants teking our jubs" what else does a leave vote offer?

Discuss - Entertain - Amuse

Scroll to see replies

You condescending thundercunt. You don't deserve to take part in any intellectual debate.
Original post by Dodgypirate
You condescending thundercunt. You don't deserve to take part in any intellectual debate.

Hardly, its just abit repetitive to hear the same old crap from everyone.

I dont deserve to take part in a debate because im outlining the facts which you are further highlighting. Interesting
Original post by TSRFT8
Hardly, its just abit repetitive to hear the same old crap from everyone.

I dont deserve to take part in a debate because im outlining the facts which you are further highlighting. Interesting

You can't even construct your own argument without insulting someone... congratulations you half-wit.
Reply 4
Three reasons:- We would not stop trading with the EU. We import £60 billion per year more than we export to the EU. There are 3 million jobs in the UK linked to the EU but in other EU countries there are 5 million jobs directly linked to the UK economy. This means that they are more reliant on the trade than we are, the EU will be desperate to make a trade deal with us. Also China has no trade deal with the EU but obviously exports an awful lot to us.
- Control. 59% of our laws made between 2011 and 2013 were made in the EU. I suppose that would be ok if it were done democratically but those laws were made by the unelected commission. These unelected members have this job permanently, we dd not elect them and we cannot remove them. EU law is superior to UK law. The European parliament does contain elected politicians but they only have the power to "advise and consult" the unelected commission. (Also there are 10,000 EU politicians paid more than David Cameron and over 90 EU buildings in Brussels alone!)
- Immigration. Although some people are ignorant enough to say any objection to immigration is racism, it is not. If we remain in the EU then 580 million people can retain the right to move to the UK. No matter what Cameron says, it is an open border! We can check the passports but anyone with an EU passport can move. This is regardless of whether they have a job offer and regardless of their criminal record. 1.5 million EU migrants applied for a national insurance number in the UK last year. Obviously this puts a huge strain on housing, the NHS and schools. Our minimum wage 7 or 8 times greater than some eastern EU countries. If you think security is no issue then you should look on youtube at what happened when Germany accepted 1.5 million refugees. The pro EU media won't report any of the issues in Europe right now but there is an awful lot going on.
(edited 7 years ago)
You can't even construct your own argument without insulting someone... congratulations you half-wit.

You called me a "thundercunt" and a "half-wit" in two different posts.

Your point being...
Reply 6
And actually most of the people I know who want to leave are people over 50 and certianly not racist. I don't know anyone racist who wants to vote out.
The people I know who want to stay in are young and have not experienced what employment and finding employment is really like. They're gullible enough to believe what cameron says "could" and "might" happen.
Original post by TomTheImp
- 2) Control. 59% of our laws made between 2011 and 2013 were made in the EU. I suppose that would be ok if it were done democratically but those laws were made by the unelected commission. These unelected members have this job permanently, we dd not elect them and we cannot remove them. EU law is superior to UK law. The European parliament does contain elected politicians but they only have the power to "advise and consult" the unelected commission. (Also there are 10,000 EU politicians paid more than David Cameron and over 90 EU buildings in Brussels alone!)

Wow false facts, let me correct you.

With regards to point above; Not true. The European Commission doesn’t make laws. It only makes proposals, which are then debated, amended and passed (or rejected) by elected national governments and directly-elected MEPs.

In any case, Commissioners themselves are accountable to the European Parliament, which elects its president, approves its appointment and can dismiss it by a vote of no confidence

Further; your last point highlights and echoes my original post.
1. Control of our laws.
2. Control of our borders.
3. Control of our trade agreements
Make Britain a country again?

It's normal for someone to want to live under their own democratic laws rather than laws someone else has made.

What works in Brussels often doesn't work in England.
Original post by TSRFT8
You called me a "thundercunt" and a "half-wit" in two different posts.

Your point being...

Original post by Mathemagicien
An anti EU teacher? Do you go to a private school or something?

Yeah, however he is the only one (i think)

He is out literally because the MP from where he lives is IN and they have hated each other since they were kids, so he makes up reasons but thats his actual reason for the vote.
Original post by Supersaps
1. Control of our laws.
2. Control of our borders.
3. Control of our trade agreements

Did you even bother to read the thread?
Original post by TSRFT8

I asked him to give me a reason as to why anyone should vote to leave the EU; his reply "Social security because of less immigrants"

Is this seriously all the leave campaign has? Its literally all i hear the same old "less immigrants more jobs"

I find it amusing as the majority of the people who want out are the usual racist, unemployed and uneducated morons, without an actual clue as to what a leave vote would mean.

So apart from the usual "immigrants teking our jubs" what else does a leave vote offer?

Control borders - my top priority is stopping foreigners coming to England
Stop paying the 35M a day fee
Cause a meltdown- if we leave other countries will follow suit and the free trade agreement will be *******s.
Reduce the price of housing for first time buyers and young people- this will obviously aggravate people who own houses and land

People who say we will lose employment rights- bang the good aspects of them in to UK Law
Original post by TSRFT8

He is out literally because the MP from where he lives is IN and they have hated each other since they were kids, so he makes up reasons but thats his actual reason for the vote.

Now that is a grudge :laugh:
Original post by TSRFT8

Get out of your burrow and actually listen to the reasons presented by the leave campaign.

There's plenty.

Bump me in an hour or so and I'd present them to you. :smile:

Do you not see some irony here.

1. Herp less immigrants
2. Derp more jobs!
3. Unm derp derp British values!
1) Current Level's of immigration are unsustainable

2) The EU is fundamentally undemocratic and almost certainly can't become democratic - there is absolutely no need to have trade agreements that involve central bodies that will legislate on your behalf, but at the very least the means by which legislation is passed should be democratic

3) There is absolutely no need to have trade agreements that involve central bodies that will legislate on your behalf

There are several more reasons but to be honest I hate both options in the referendum; the people who will be in charge after a Brexit is more depressing than the prospect of a remain.
Original post by TSRFT8
Did you even bother to read the thread?

You're clearly not interested in any kind of actual debate, you just want to feel morally superior to people that want to leave the EU.

I echo the first responder to the thread.

You are an epic thundercunt.
Original post by Mathemagicien
An anti EU teacher? Do you go to a private school or something?

I have a teacher who's anti EU! (I'm gonna find the views of the other teachers soon, so there may be more.)

Original post by TSRFT8

Now that sounds like a speculation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending