The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILoveMaths69
Can you put the value of marks for each question please?

Done that.
Original post by itsdatboy
For the first question, it was rotate clockwise 90*, I vividly remember it. However, I messed up on the reflection of x=-1 and reflected it on the other line, god dammit.

I remember it being clockwise aswell.
Original post by luke.brown1999
I think I got around 57-58 marks what would that be roughly? and do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower because people have found this hard?

They will be higher. and a grade C
Original post by 34908seikj
This is incorrect

it was (3-√6)/12

Ohh right oki
My maths teacher told me the answer afterwards maybe i just recalled it wrong sorry about thatt :h:
Any guesses for the grade boundries this year?
Original post by Stoasts
Do you know the marks for Q8 and onwards?

They've been added.
Original post by MrJamerJamer

Im sure it said anticlockwise
If I got around 70 on this paper what would I need for a "a/a*"?

These are ROUGH grade boundaries;
A* ~ 78/100
A ~ 63/100
B ~ 48/100
C ~ 33/100
Foundation paper thread?
Original post by tamanna___

Anti-clockwise by 90 degrees.
Original post by tamanna___

It said 90 degress anticlockwise centre (0,1) i think?
Original post by bethanyjx
I think I got around 84..I was really really hoping for an A* so let's hope this next paper is promising :-)

how many marks do you think i will get for the circle theorem question for saying .... the tangent meets the cirlce at 90 degrees - that theorem and then i said it was an isoceles so the two angles are equal but then because couldn't find anymore reasons i just worked it out really quickly at the end showing all working but not giving any reasons and i put 69 degrees
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

2(b) was rotate 180 at 0,1
how did people do the second construction question? the one where it had point P and you needed to make the perpendicular bisect of it and the line or whatever

the first part of the question was reflection, and the second part was rotating anticlockwise.
Original post by Starface
Nah you'll lose a mark because 100-25pi isn't equivalent to 25 - 5pi. You took the correct answer and turned it into an incorrect one D:

Oh thanks but lol I meant 42 for the estimation question, would that still be full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's (roughly) 30-33 is for a C I've definitely failed :zomg: I did so badly on this exam...
did anyone else get 37.5cm for the varnish question? as it was not enough varnish cos she needs 50cm^2 but has 37.5cm^2
Original post by Anonymous.H
These are ROUGH grade boundaries;
A* ~ 78/100
A ~ 63/100
B ~ 48/100
C ~ 33/100

There quite low? where did you find these

http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf well your memory is absolute ****
What was the answer to number 12?

Quick Reply

Latest