The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhiteX
what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ?

Which triangle sorry? There was definitely more than one.
Reply 261
Original post by niv1234
Which triangle sorry? There was definitely more than one.

the first one which has 3 mark
Reply 262
can someone tell me all the sides and angles that there where on the pentagon question?
Original post by Authyris
You put an apostrophe after 'A' in 'A's'. Clearly one of the A*s isn't in English...

You can use an apostrophe after a plural noun if it is an abbreviation or stands for something else. For example A*s or A*'s are both correct. Similarly, you can say IGCSEs or IGCSE's
Original post by aintnobody
K<(or equal to) 2.5
And the greatest number k could = was 2

The gradient was 4/3 so y=4/3x-1

The person got 3,100 rupees

OMG thats what I got. I feel a bit confident now lol
Reply 265
Original post by jyotikaur21

you need to convert the 3100 to %
Reply 266
Original post by cornflakeexpert
You can use an apostrophe after a plural noun if it is an abbreviation or stands for something else. For example A*s or A*'s are both correct. Similarly, you can say IGCSEs or IGCSE's

what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ? for the first triangle which has 3 mark
for the differentiation question for the part b where it asked for the time at with acceleration is zero i got 2 seconds which I'm sure is right
Original post by jyotikaur21

You know that the third answer he put down is wrong, right? You were supposed to give Bhavin's (I think that was his name) new share of the money over the total 6000 rupees and you were supposed to multiply it by 100 to get like 52%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cannot remember question number, 16 I think.
Volume of the vase was 102 cm^3.
Working out:
ASF = 120/750 = 0.16
LSF = ASF square rooted, = square root of 0.16 = 0.4.
VSF = LSF cubed, = 0.064
Therefore volume = 0.064*1600 = 102.4 cm^3
=102 cm^3 (3s.f.)
Original post by cornflakeexpert

Yes, you can use it possessively, or as indication of a contraction. In the example, neither are the case.
Original post by izak
80% a*
65% a
58% b

Nah B is usually around 42%
Reply 272
Original post by sgsb0y
You know that the third answer he put down is wrong, right? You were supposed to give Bhavin's (I think that was his name) new share of the money over the total 6000 rupees and you were supposed to multiply it by 100 to get like 52%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i wrote 51.6 !
Original post by maths1409
for the differentiation question for the part b where it asked for the time at with acceleration is zero i got 2 seconds which I'm sure is right

Yeah for the first part of the question I differentiated the equation to get the answer. For the second part I differentiated again and put the new equation to=0 and I solved it and T equalled 2 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteX
what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ? for the first triangle which has 3 mark

Sin
Original post by sgsb0y

Posted from TSR Mobile

52% is correct:
Working out:
Ratio was 2:3:7 (Bhavin:Max:s-smilie:omeone else)
2+3+7=12
3000/12=500
Bhavin 500*2=1000
Someone else = 500*7=3500
3/5*3500=2100
2100+1000=3100
(3100/6000)*100=51.6 recurring = 52% as a whole number.
Guys dw we still have paper 4H to screw up!
Original post by WhiteX
no i wrote 51.6 !
They asked for it to the nearest whole number, you probably lost 1 mark only.
Original post by IGCSE mandem
I swear that for the cube question, it was 4.75cm for the upper bound for each cube length and then it was 2.5mm radius for the lower bound of the spehre and then 4.75 into mm= 475. And because the radius of the sphere was 2.5, the diameter was 5mm. So in one line of spheres going up the metal cube there would have been 475/5= 95 and then you do 95 cubed to get the number of spheres which is 867,375 because you can't use the whole cube to make spheres because they have don't fit perfectly into a cube and there will be wasted space

I think you want to be looking at the volume of the sphere rather than the diameter for that question.
Original post by wertuv
can someone tell me all the sides and angles that there where on the pentagon question?
2 sides were 12 cm long, 2 were 8 cm long - the other side was not given. The angle between the 12 cm and 8 cm lines was 105 degrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending