Scroll to see replies

Original post by bantaleg
Here's some tips:
1. Turn off the laptop
2. Study

Then after the exam:
1. Sit down
2. Shut up

Woah man chill, who gave you the blues today??
btw we need a break at some point, general consensus is we all sat a shocking maths exam. Just a thought
Original post by Vikingninja
This statement is 100% BS. Again good luck.

Yep. Lol
Original post by gameofno
lets go purge/massacre edexcel bc their exams are lit giving me depression

defooo
Original post by georginarowley
Woah man chill, who gave you the blues today??
btw we need a break at some point, general consensus is we all sat a shocking maths exam. Just a thought

I think you are just overacting the Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised. I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity. I do think the AQA Biology exam was out of order but there really was nothing wrong with the Edexcel Maths paper. If Edexcel gave you a ridiculously easy paper than the grade boundaries would have become too high so a paper like this is just what we needed to keep the grade boundaries down.
Original post by Tinka99
I think you are just overacting the Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised. I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity. I do think the AQA Biology exam was out of order but there really was nothing wrong with the Edexcel Maths paper. If Edexcel gave you a ridiculously easy paper than the grade boundaries would have become too high so a paper like this is just what we needed to keep the grade boundaries down.

I think it's unfair for you to judge how much revision I have done for maths compared to how hard I actually found the exam. Of course we shouldn't expect or wish for a "ridiculously easy paper", that would defy the point of exams as a test of our knowledge and skill. My point was simply that, as students sitting the same exam, it's nice to hear how others have done and how they found the exam in terms of difficulty and to gripe about an exam, especially as a large amount of people found it difficult.
Have a nice day and good luck with the rest of your exams!
Lets sue Edexcel. Lets sue AQA. You know what? Lets sue all the exam boards. You know why? They were way too hard for us so we should just sue them instead of working harder right? @mali473
im using the laptop to revise, genius
so here are some tips:
1. stop
2. leave

I love this response, amazing!
Original post by mrashid98
i'm taking AS at the moment so i know how annoying it is when people call GCSEs easy or whatever.
You do have a f*king tonne in store for next year, like nothing can ever prepare you.

its just an onslaught of "everything we taught you last year was a lie" followed by "here's the new explanation" followed by "here's a hwk sheet that is in no way related to what we just covered in class- good luck figuring it out!"

But trust me your results will come out much better than you think they're going to. If you're clever enough to be using tsr then you'll be reyt. The exam boards are very annoying at GCSE though that's true.

good luck w the rest of your exams m7

Thank you! A actual nice, positive comment that actually recognises the stress gcse students are under. It seems that what was originally a thread to humorously complain and commiserate about a difficult paper is now full of people telling us to quit complaining and how GCSEs are easy; people who don't add anything to the general happiness and wellbeing of others.
Once again, thanks for actually understanding :smile:
Reply 48
Thank you! A actual nice, positive comment that actually recognises the stress gcse students are under. It seems that what was originally a thread to humorously complain and commiserate about a difficult paper is now full of people telling us to quit complaining and how GCSEs are easy; people who don't add anything to the general happiness and wellbeing of others.
Once again, thanks for actually understanding :smile:

exactlyyyyyyyy omg
Reply 49
This is pathetic.
wtf is this thread... lol
Reply 51
Original post by hafsa473
Lets sue Edexcel. Lets sue AQA. You know what? Lets sue all the exam boards. You know why? They were way too hard for us so we should just sue them instead of working harder right? @mali473

You know what's funny? Not you. So many people have worked so much and found it hard.
Reply 52
Original post by Tinka99

'The Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised.'
Jesus, people need to stop with these bloody assumptions, half of us nearly died revising but we still found it difficult. Its a matter of opinion.
Reply 53
Original post by Zacken
This is pathetic.

matter of opinion mate
Which maths questions did everyone find difficult?
Reply 55
i think it's unfair for you to judge how much revision i have done for maths compared to how hard i actually found the exam. Of course we shouldn't expect or wish for a "ridiculously easy paper", that would defy the point of exams as a test of our knowledge and skill. My point was simply that, as students sitting the same exam, it's nice to hear how others have done and how they found the exam in terms of difficulty and to gripe about an exam, especially as a large amount of people found it difficult.
Have a nice day and good luck with the rest of your exams!

exactly gosh
You know what's funny? Not you. So many people have worked so much and found it hard.

yeah but that's the whole point. Exams are meant to be hard and if you found it hard there's no point complaining -
its pointless...

hafsa473 has a point though
'The Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised.'
Jesus, people need to stop with these bloody assumptions, half of us nearly died revising but we still found it difficult. Its a matter of opinion.

I'm pretty sure it would've been last minute revision...
This cannot be serious….

Quick Reply

Latest