The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
They should allow a range of answers of magnification
Original post by Namita Gurung
:frown:
Did you get 85mm for the measured length?

Yes.
Reply 262
anyone seen the unofficial mark scheme yet??
Original post by lilyjacks
Yes

Original post by saulgreen
I got 85mm when i first measured it, but then measured again just in case and got 84mm

Ugh I don't know what I did wrong then.
I got around the answer Lily got but not exactly. Think I got something like 2145?!
Original post by Gswp
They should allow a range of answers of magnification

:h:
For the function of Y question, I said it also acted as an enzyme as substrate went in and cellulose came out
Original post by laney1999
For the function of Y question, I said it also acted as an enzyme as substrate went in and cellulose came out

^
This stresses me out. I don't recall seeing any function of Y question
:frown:
Did you get 85mm for the measured length?

I calculated the magnification to be 2100x, as the length was 8.4mm (8.4x10^-3m) and the actual length was 4um which is 4x10^-6m. :wink:
many people put eilsa test for the statistical test - any thoughts?
I bojjed up 3 marks on the colorimeter and theree on the table..........i forgot how to calculate rates of reaction :angry:

apart from that, all good :u:
Reply 270
Original post by Azza_Gold
I calculated the magnification to be 2100x, as the length was 8.4mm (8.4x10^-3m) and the actual length was 4um which is 4x10^-6m. :wink:

8.4 ... mm?
many people put eilsa test for the statistical test - any thoughts?

I did that. It was only after leaving the hall I realised that it's only for HIV testing
[QUOTE="Epitype;65207633"]Everyone I know, including me, put that down.
Looking at that graph, it seems wrong in many ways.[/QUOTE

I multiplied all my standard form values by 1000, I got answers like 1.2, then plotted the graph. I don't remember the question saying you had to plot the graph as standard form, just to write the answers in the table as standard form, pretty sure my teacher said you could do that if you got horrible numbers
Reply 273
Did it not say the B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased? You know on the last side of the paper. I wrote then add sequence codes for different amino acid sequence which leads to different primary structure so more B secretase is made so more B protein so more plaques in brain.
I did that. It was only after leaving the hall I realised that it's only for HIV testing

I did Eliza test, cause my thinking was you can then use colorimeter to get results😂 and it's not just for HIV that's just an example in the text I sware?

I think Eilsa test is right the more I think about it
[QUOTE="Lcamp16;65208443"]
Original post by Epitype
Everyone I know, including me, put that down.

I multiplied all my standard form values by 1000, I got answers like 1.2, then plotted the graph. I don't remember the question saying you had to plot the graph as standard form, just to write the answers in the table as standard form, pretty sure my teacher said you could do that if you got horrible numbers

Wise move.
Had to deal with the worst numbers and took awhile trying to decide what my scale should be coz I didn't think of that.
I think Eilsa test is right the more I think about it

Original post by Lcamp16
I did Eliza test, cause my thinking was you can then use colorimeter to get results😂 and it's not just for HIV that's just an example in the text I sware?

:woo::woo::woo:
What type of bond did everyone put for the one mark multiple choice?
[QUOTE="Lcamp16;65208443"]
Original post by Epitype
Everyone I know, including me, put that down.

The Y axis is always Dependent (Variable), which was the rate of the thing that was being produced.
For the X Axis, it was the number of days, ranging from (0 to 12).
The Y Axis had values that were in standard form

Quick Reply

Latest