The Student Room Group

English literature AQA GCSE POETRY relationships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by carysmatic_
I just do practice papers and watch videos like Mr. Bruff ony youtube is really helpful.

i just looked at some of his videos too, they're quite helpful!
Original post by daisymay1206
How do you revise for poetry !!!???

go over the poems again
revise the themes and i would have a rough idea of what poetry piece can be compared with other poetry pieces
Reply 22
how do we structure our answers like intro? conclusion? how many points? etc.
Hey guys, do you have any predictions for the themes in the poems that could come up tomorrow? Thanks :h:
Original post by lizzycb
how do we structure our answers like intro? conclusion? how many points? etc.

Intro, form and structure, point one (PEE) with comparison, point 2 (PEE) with comparision, point 3 (PEE) with comparison, conclusion. In at least one of your points you should do indepth anaylsis of three-four interpretations xx
I just do practice papers and watch videos like Mr. Bruff ony youtube is really helpful.

Mr Bruff is a great help
What poems do you really want to come up? Personally I want Hour and To His Coy Mistress
Original post by there'snoneed
What poems do you really want to come up? Personally I want Hour and To His Coy Mistress

I am exactly the same! I want the theme of time to come up, but I know it won't because they have done that one in the past... :frown:

do u make notes
Reply 29
Intro, form and structure, point one (PEE) with comparison, point 2 (PEE) with comparision, point 3 (PEE) with comparison, conclusion. In at least one of your points you should do indepth anaylsis of three-four interpretations xx

ok thank you so much. you know for the comparison does that mean we do a PEE on the other poem as well so like: intro, p1(PEE) &compare (PEE), p2(PEE) &compare (PEE), p3(PEE) &compare (PEE), conclusion????
Reply 30
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
I am exactly the same! I want the theme of time to come up, but I know it won't because they have done that one in the past... :frown:

yeah time would be so good but it probs won't come up again :frown:
Original post by lizzycb
ok thank you so much. you know for the comparison does that mean we do a PEE on the other poem as well so like: intro, p1(PEE) &compare (PEE), p2(PEE) &compare (PEE), p3(PEE) &compare (PEE), conclusion????

Yeah that's the best way, just make sure you include quotes to back up all points, All PEE to do not need to be in huge depth though, just keep an eye on the time
Read the poem at least twice then annotate.
Title - Look at the title what it suggests the poem is about?
Voice - Who is the poet talking to? What tone?
Diction - highlight/underline words that could relate to the question. Do they have a pattern?
Imagery - Look out for similes/metaphors/personification
Structure and Form - e.g: stanzas
Sound - e.g: alliteration
Ending - last line/last few lines
REMEMBER tie in all your ideas to the question's focus :smile:
Reply 33
Yeah that's the best way, just make sure you include quotes to back up all points, All PEE to do not need to be in huge depth though, just keep an eye on the time

thank you :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by alisonclaree
Read the poem at least twice then annotate.
Title - Look at the title what it suggests the poem is about?
Voice - Who is the poet talking to? What tone?
Diction - highlight/underline words that could relate to the question. Do they have a pattern?
Imagery - Look out for similes/metaphors/personification
Structure and Form - e.g: stanzas
Sound - e.g: alliteration
Ending - last line/last few lines
REMEMBER tie in all your ideas to the question's focus :smile:

thank you as well
Hi guys this is a bit of a random question, but can we compare poems that have the same author? Like Harmonium and Manhunt would be really nice comparisons but they are both by Simon Armitage. Thanks :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Hi guys this is a bit of a random question, but can we compare poems that have the same author? Like Harmonium and Manhunt would be really nice comparisons but they are both by Simon Armitage. Thanks :smile:

Yeah i don't see why not, the question says a poem of your choice so i don't think there are any restrictions on using the same author's poems
Reply 37
good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending