The Student Room Group

OCR Maths B Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamHarry
i put 121 because i though that 120 would be when they were at the same place and 121 was when they overtook each other.

This is why it was badly worded! Like anything >120 would be the point where they overtake, so idk why they didn't just ask for the point where they met. Bloody OCR
On a scale of 1 - 10, how hard did you find the exam?
Reply 22
Original post by studentgcse2016
same!! pretty sure thats right

What are your predicted grades in maths? Like what you aiming for?
Reply 23
Did anyone else put 0.1 for the probability of picking the apple greater 130kg or something like that? The histogram one

1/10

If not what did you put
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by willg66
Did anyone else put 0.1 for the probability of picking the apple greater 130kg or something like that? The histogram one

1/10

If not what did you put

Yeah, it was 0.1
Reply 25
Original post by Melad
Yeah, it was 0.1

Can you remember any other answers you got even if you can't remember the question tell me so I can try and remember what I got cheers
What was the apple question?
Original post by willg66
Can you remember any other answers you got even if you can't remember the question tell me so I can try and remember what I got cheers

The 1 where it was like 5^y x 5^4 = 1 I got y = -4 cause anything ^0 is 1
Original post by Melad
Yeah, it was 0.1

Why was it that ? I can't even remember the question
Reply 29
Original post by Psychosis mock
The 1 where it was like 5^y x 5^4 = 1 I got y = -4 cause anything ^0 is 1

Yeah I got that
And the next one was the value of P is 6?
Original post by willg66
Yeah I got that
And the next one was the value of P is 6?

Yeah I got 6 too, but what's the apple question!!
Reply 31
What was the apple question?

The histogram and it said what is the probability that some dude picks an apple of a weight greater than 130 or something like that it simplified to 1/10
Anyone else get 1/40 for the apple probability? Can someone explain how they got 0.1? Thanks!
Reply 33
image.pngThis is the exponential graph we had to sketch 3^x
Original post by willg66
The histogram and it said what is the probability that some dude picks an apple of a weight greater than 130 or something like that it simplified to 1/10

Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
Which is 1/118
Reply 35
Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
Which is 1/118

Don't know where you've got the 5/59 from? Unless the question said he took two and didn't take it back which would be correct😩 I just got 6/60 simplified to 1/10
Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
Which is 1/118

Oops! I did 60 x 60 for the denominator, that's stupid. Oh well I think I did the 6 x 5 bit write. Lets hope for method marks! I think it was 3 marks right? Thanks for explaining though!
Original post by willg66
Don't know where you've got the 5/59 from? Unless the question said he took two and didn't take it back which would be correct😩 I just got 6/60 simplified to 1/10

It's cause there are 60 apples and 6 are the given weight so when he takes one both numbers decrease by one to form 5 and 59 because it's the probability of him picking 2 apples and he doesn't put them back
Reply 38
It's cause there are 60 apples and 6 are the given weight so when he takes one both numbers decrease by one to form 5 and 59 because it's the probability of him picking 2 apples and he doesn't put them back

Yeah that's right then 😩 That's my second stupid mistake I've made not reading the question 😭 How many marks was it
Original post by willg66
Yeah that's right then 😩 That's my second stupid mistake I've made not reading the question 😭 How many marks was it

3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending