The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
no.

Edit:

Depends, did you identify it was originally 100-25pi? If so you'd get 1 mark for method.

yes
but in the question it said simplify so i did (divided by 5)
Grade boundary predictions?

Also do you think the calc will be much harder than this?
Original post by studentnumber87
A is usually high 60's

What would i need for a A overall?
Original post by Lea b
Many people in my year did 100- 25pi = 75, would we lose a mark?

Yes. that's incorrect. would only get 1 mark for method.
I counted up my marks and obtained 90 overall. Probably less but I was happy with this paper.
Original post by Lea b
For question 5, I out 45 first then changed it to 50, would answer 50 days still get full marks?

I did the EXACT same thing 😭
Two questions;
One, you know for question 2b, I put a point on 3 and looking at your mark scheme, it's on 4. Is mine wrong because I checked over it.
Secondly, how many overall marks am I looking for for a C - this is my aim.
Someone please help...wasn't 18b 14/15??
OH MY GOD I messed up the rotation
This happens ALL THE TIME
Why am i like this??
:frown::frown::frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Joshu19
I think I got 64 what would I need to get a an A Or A*

well to be 100% sure you need at least 78 marks for an A, depending on grade boundaries you might need less
Got around 92. Not bad. What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? It seems rather split - many people found it hard, others found it relatively easy.
Original post by esmeralda123
yes
but in the question it said simplify so i did (divided by 5)

Divide =/= simplify, you needed to have factored out the five.
Reply 1452
thats what i got but its wrong
Original post by dh12345
how many marks do you think i will get for the circle theorem question for saying .... the tangent meets the cirlce at 90 degrees - that theorem and then i said it was an isoceles so the two angles are equal but then because couldn't find anymore reasons i just worked it out really quickly at the end showing all working but not giving any reasons and i put 69 degrees

you should get the full marks, but since it says all the reasons you could get 4.. not certain though :/ you won't get less than 4
Original post by Student#12
well to be 100% sure you need at least 78 marks for an A, depending on grade boundaries you might need less

Okay thanks i do better in cal so hopefully i will get that
Reply 1455
For the last question I figured we had to write it as a whole number so after getting to the 1/4 - √6/12, I converted them both to decimals instead and ended up with 0.206666... Will I only get two marks for not including that last step or will they see my answer as fine (assuming it was correct haha)?
Hi, could you do a foundation one too please? Linear
Original post by LogicalFallacy
That was correct.

SAME i got that!
Original post by Jem +
Got around 92. Not bad. What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? It seems rather split - many people found it hard, others found it relatively easy.

Ill be honest, i hope most of the country did **** so that the grade boundaries are low, but im hoping for 150 marks for an A* and 134 for A
I put 0.7x10^9 instead of 7x10^8 for the standard form. But aren't both acceptable in standard form anyway...?

Quick Reply