The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eleanor99
What type of bond did everyone put for the one mark multiple choice?

I wrote hydrogen
Original post by eleanor99
What type of bond did everyone put for the one mark multiple choice?

Hydrogen Bonds?
Reply 282
Original post by SM-
Did it not say the B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased? You know on the last side of the paper. I wrote then add sequence codes for different amino acid sequence which leads to different primary structure so more B secretase is made so more B protein so more plaques in brain.

What was the question before that?
If someone finds a unofficial mark scheme could you send me the link please? :smile:
Original post by Lola1244
i put day on x axis and rate of hydrolysis on y... is this completely wrong?

no i think thats correct
Reply 285
Original post by SANTR
What was the question before that?

Why can the both the enzymes act on one substrate basically.
Reply 286
Original post by SM-

That was the first question, I'm talking about the next one?
what are the 3 differences between dna and mrna?
Original post by nav5678
no i think thats correct

on the graph the rate is on the x - axis because its the independent variable, nobody is stating that.

it also wouldnt have been days
RNA has Uracil
RNA has Ribose Sugar
RNA is single stranded
Original post by aaaabbbbddulll
what are the 3 differences between dna and mrna?

ribose and deoxyribose
uracil not thymime
short single strand not double helix
Reply 291
Original post by SM-

the substrate has a tertiary structure that is complementary to both enzymes
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 292
For statistical test did anyone else put standard deviation- since if the standard deviation bars overlap it shows the difference isn't significant?? 😳
what about question on how vaccinations produce antibodies? or something like that its a 4 marker
Original post by CSR98
the substrate has a tertiary structure that is complementary to both enzymes

If you're referring to question 9 about how the enzyme could still act on them, it was because they were isomers. Which means they had the same chemical formula but their structure varied.

Original post by JTawn
For statistical test did anyone else put standard deviation- since if the standard deviation bars overlap it shows the difference isn't significant?? 😳

I put standard deviation, but I'm hearing loads of **** like ELIZA tests and T-Test.
You could use standard deviation to measure the IQR of the mean, the T-Test I'm not sure but it relates to the mean, chi-squared test (?) or ELIZA for color standard. I have no idea what the right answer would be though.
Original post by Gswp
yh i agree. the independant variable was time not mass

yeah i did the mass of sucrose at first but then realized it was the days
I put a sign test (only statistical test we've done) and said it can find differences between both values.
for statistical test i put spearmans rank coreelation coeffiecent is that right?
Original post by aaaabbbbddulll
what about question on how vaccinations produce antibodies? or something like that its a 4 marker

Dead inactive pathogens B cells join onto them and take them in by exocytosis, the antigens are placed on the surface of the B cell and T cell attaches to it stimulating the B cells to divide by mitosis into plasma and memory cells. Plasma cells produce antibodies that the original B cell produces
I'm pretty sure that standard deviation is not a statistical test, rather a measure of dispersion(variance) around the mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending