The Student Room Group

Do you unmatch or ignore Tinder matches you don't like/have lost interest in?

Poll

Ignore or Unmatch an accidental swipe/annoying or boring match?

I'm just curious what other peoples etiquette for this is. If I'm carelessly swiping through tinder and accidentally swipe a girl I don't actually find attractive I'll just unmatch. I also do the same if I'm not really clicking with a girl after a conversation. I think this is just the decent thing to do as it gives them closure. It might be shallow on my part but it is a clear indication to them that I'm not interested. However I've noticed a lot of girls will just ignore or ghost. I'm guessing a lot of guys also do it so I'm not trying to make it a gender thing. It just seems a bit rude to me though. It takes maybe 10 seconds max to unmatch an unwanted match or boring conversation. It also give that person closure as its the ultimate indication you're not going to continue anything with them. I also understand that girls get about 50 times as many matches and potential messages may sometimes become lost but still the constant notifications of someone who you have no intent on speaking to must get annoying? Anyway, what's your gender and whats your approach? Ignore or unmatch?
Reply 1
I don't use it, but sounds like unmatching is the way to go. No point giving a false hope - if the other party is interested and you're not then it's a bit of a ****ty experience for them.
Original post by Alexion
I don't use it, but sounds like unmatching is the way to go. No point giving a false hope - if the other party is interested and you're not then it's a bit of a ****ty experience for them.

That's precisely why I unmatch and am glad when people do the same to me. Otherwise like you say it gives false hope. The other person might think well he/she's just not been online recently they'll eventually respond. Just unmatch and they can move on with it.
When I used Tinder I left matches even if they never responded/messaged. Apparently the more matches you get the more popular you are, resulting in you appearing higher up on other people's stacks.
When I had tinder I used to do the opposite and accidentally reject the pretty people when I was swiping nope too fast instead.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
When I had tinder I used to do the opposite and accidentally reject the pretty people when I was swiping nope too fast instead.

This is more common than I thought it was. I got talking to a girl on Yik Yak who claimed she saw me on Tinder once and accidentally swiped left.

OP; another thing to bear in mind is that you can disable notifications in the app. Girls get a lot of matches, so I dare say many disable notifications and irregularly check the app for messages, hence why they may not reply within say 24 hours.
If you get a string of obese people in a row suddenly you forget to actually check them out before you swipe left and it's really not great
Ignore. Cba to go on their profile and actually manually unmatch them
So Unmatching isn’t as great as it sounds. I was talking to this girl called Shelia - everything seemed great but she unmatched and I have no idea why. Nothing bad / wrong was said and everything seemed fine. So really I was just left in limbo wondering what I’d don’t wrong.
Original post by George 2409
So Unmatching isn’t as great as it sounds. I was talking to this girl called Shelia - everything seemed great but she unmatched and I have no idea why. Nothing bad / wrong was said and everything seemed fine. So really I was just left in limbo wondering what I’d don’t wrong.

She was bored of you mate, or matched with someone else who striker her interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending