The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

It asked for a statistical test so I don't think it could be ELISA test
Apparently its Student T Test as it compares means of two samples
Reply 301
Original post by SANTR
That was the first question, I'm talking about the next one?

Not too sure tbh.

Can someone answer this ?

Did it say that B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased? You know on the last side of the paper. I wrote the mutation causes different base sequence which codes for different amino acid sequence which leads to different primary structure so more B secretase is made instead of A protein so more B protein so more plaques in brain.
Original post by aaaabbbbddulll
for statistical test i put spearmans rank coreelation coeffiecent is that right?

na, it was students T test because it allows you to compare the two averages
Original post by EggFriedRai
ribose and deoxyribose
uracil not thymime
short single strand not double helix

Would introns in dna and not rna be right? And unpaired bases in mrna and paired in dna?
A statistical test is anything that can find a significant difference between two values, so I would think any statistical test like Chi-squared or sign test etc would be acceptable.
what about question on atp
How many marks was that statistics test

We weren't taught specifically about ATP and how it's recreated chemically but we we're taught that it is resynthesised in the mitochondria with the addition of a phosphate group.

Metabolic processes and active transport
Reply 309
Original post by KingAuthor
A statistical test is anything that can find a significant difference between two values, so I would think any statistical test like Chi-squared or sign test etc would be acceptable.

If standard deviation bars overlap it shows that the difference is no significant
For the very first question about replication what did u write
Original post by JTawn
If standard deviation bars overlap it shows that the difference is no significant

However it isn't a test in and of itself. Chi-squared, student T test and correlation coefficients derive from measures such as standard deviation but give an independent numeric value that can be compared to other datasets.

EDIT: spelling
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JTawn

Hmm true, but the question asked for a statistical test and standard deviation isn't a statistical test.

We were also told the specification mentioned having an idea about the sign test and it may be tested on at AS other than any other statistical test like chi-squared. I put faith in that.

Standard deviation might also be right though! Personally, I don't see it as correct.
Reply 313
Original post by Lola1244
lets try and make a list of all questions-
first one about HIV , replication
second
third
fouth
fifth
sixth
seventh
eights- cancer cells
ninth- dementia one

lol help needed?

5, 6, 7 enzymes hah,
There was that sucrose maltose plant growth somewhere in there
Original post by Azza_Gold
I calculated the magnification to be 2100x, as the length was 8.4mm (8.4x10^-3m) and the actual length was 4um which is 4x10^-6m. :wink:

It was 84mm, not 8.4mm, which is less than a cm lol. You could say 8.4cm but then it would be 8.4 x 10^-2m.

So 48 x 10^-3m / 4 x 10^-6m = 21,000
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingAuthor
Hmm true, but the question asked for a statistical test and standard deviation isn't a statistical test.

We were also told the specification mentioned having an idea about the sign test and it may be tested on at AS other than any other statistical test like chi-squared. I put faith in that.

Standard deviation might also be right though! Personally, I don't see it as correct.

Would introns in dna but not mrna be right
Reply 316
Original post by Epitype
RNA has Uracil
RNA has Ribose Sugar
RNA is single stranded

Could you say DNA has histone proteins and RNA doesn't?
Reply 317
Anyone made an unofficial mark scheme yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
yeah last years even though grade boundaries were a bit low was 68% to get an A so probly bout 70-75%

why would it be higher this year when the paper was a lot harder in my opinion
i did last years paper as a mock and found it 10x easier
hey for one of the differences between rna and dna I said that rna was shorter, do you think I'll get the mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending