The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sid2106
I thought this website was for education not for this shite. Go post on some other platform like Tumblr please

Mate this is the relationships forum...
Reply 81
Original post by Xelfrost
That would make an interesting debate... However I don't know enough on the matter to pick a side.

I don't either xD
but i found a few articles on it and it's pretty interesting if you're bored enough x_x
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3601605/Men-need-women-more-than-women-need-men.html

Spoiler

But I guess as biological organisms when it comes to reproduction men NEED women in order to reproduce whereas women don't need men. So as a species... yeah? But the world is already or almost overpopulated so that isn't the strongest argument :tongue:
Original post by z33
dogs only love you cos you give them food xD

they cute tho so I can't resist the temptation to do so
I need their hugs!
Reply 84
Original post by Sarahsez
It's different men can't live without sex while women can. Men are pathetic desperate idiots when it comes to sex.

right... i don't know who hurt you but im sure they're not all the same x_x
just like not all women are as judgemental and close minded as you :tongue:
Reply 85
Original post by george_c00per
they cute tho so I can't resist the temptation to do so

awhhhhhh haha whatever works xP
Reply 86
Original post by 0to100
Mate this is the relationships forum...

Im new to this only use this to get mark schemes. Didn't see that there was other forums
Original post by z33
right... i don't know who hurt you but im sure they're not all the same x_x
just like not all women are as judgemental and close minded as you :tongue:

Oooooo! :eek:
Original post by Sid2106
Im new to this only use this to get mark schemes. Didn't see that there was other forums

I see.
Reply 89
Original post by Sid2106

it's how we all ended up here :moon: run while you can :cry2:
Nobody needs men anymore. We should get rid of them
Reply 91
Original post by It's Me A Rabbit
Nobody needs men anymore. We should get rid of them

but... they're so beautiful :cry2:
OP sounds like a radical feminist.

;_;
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.

Well I think that men have a better ability to emotionally comfort. Who said unmarried women are unhappiest- my grandparents have been married since 16 and they are now 80 something- my grandma is perfectly happy and my grand dad climbs trees like a teenage boy. Vibrator is used for masturbation but its not truly sex:colone:. In my opinion relationships with men are important because they help us get through the hard times if it is the right relationship. You are less likely to lose the will to live if your career goes wrong if you have a relationship with a man.
well i mean if they're into girls then no, some women aren't gonna need men
Original post by z33
but... they're so beautiful :cry2:

Never tell a man that he is beautiful

The word is handsome :mad:
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.

"Sperm donor"
There's a contradiction here. What I got out of your comment is that women do indeed need men. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't sperm donors still men? Meaning we would still need men. Unless this sperm donor you're stating is somehow magically a woman who could both miraculously produce eggs and sperm in her reproductive system then I agree we don't need men. However, that is not our reality but fantasy thinking. It's obvious women need men. No men, no reproduction and no humanity- unless you want humanity extinct....
So the answer to your question is YES, women generally speaking need men and men need women. I'm sorry but I found this thread offensive. As someone who has a father, uncle, male cousins who all believe in chivalry and the importance of being gentlemen- I think your generalisations do not do the good, respectful men any justice.
A better question would have been, does a woman need a man to be happy? In this case, the answer would be subjective but at least we know many women can be happy alone, being self fulfilled, independent and successful.
Reply 97
Original post by Anonymous
Never tell a man that he is beautiful

The word is handsome :mad:

oops sorry
i always associate handsome with handsome squidward and he was ... not my type :rofl:
Reply 98
Original post by Anonymous
No men, no reproduction and no humanity- unless you want humanity extinct....

actually it's possible for women to reproduce without men using modern technology... but not using sperm donors obv
Reply 99
As a 18 year old woman who's been in a relationship for 2 and a half years, it has never been about need. I'm independent and don't get to see my boyfriend everyday as he lives quite far away. But it's always been about want rather than need. It's nice to have someone who's always interested in you, will be there for you if you are struggling through a rough patch. It's nice to love and feel loved. It's nice to spend time with someone who you can laugh and have a great time with. I'd survive fine without my man but wouldn't be half as happy. If you wanna be single, then that's your own choice, but you can't speak for 'women' in general neither can you generalise men.

Latest

Trending

Trending